Fidonet Portal

From: Seymour J. (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: formatting to FAT32
From: Shmuel (Seymour J.Wink Metz <spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid>

In <gjxI70UYBlcC-pn2-ZRkMrD4o73qj@trevor2.dsl.pipex.com>, on
04/01/2011
at 03:33 PM, "Trevor Hemsley"
<Trevor.Hemsley@mytrousers.ntlworld.com> said:

>To blacklist all 4 million customers of one of the top 3 ISPs in the
>UK does seem a little strange though.

Not strange, just assertive. Some of the US providers that people
block are also "too big to block". Ultimately an admin needs to look
at the data in his own logs and decide what is best for his users.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.Wink Metz, SysProg and JOAT <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>;

reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Seymour J. (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: formatting to FAT32
From: Shmuel (Seymour J.Wink Metz <spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid>

In <IU.D20110401.T225751.P50136.Q0@J.de.Boyne.Pollard.localhost>, on
04/01/2011
at 11:57 PM, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard
<J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups@NTLWorld.COM> said:

>Apply that brain, kid.

PKB, boy?

>My ISP has been blacklisted by PenTeleData. Who says that it is
>*anything at all to do with me*?

What says that the Sun is a red giant? I don't need to defend claims
that I never made.

>But you're trying to have your cake and eat it.

No, I'm trying to keep you honest. Claiming "unknown reason" when they
gave a reason is dishonest. If you don't believe them then the honest
thing to write would be something along the lines of "a reason fro
which they provide no raw data."

>You're trying to argue that there's a possibility
>that the listing is not legitimate in the same breath as you're
>trying to argue that all listings are in accordance with what the
>WWW page says because listings are only ever made legitimately.

You're lying about what I wrote.

>and no reason to suppose that we know *any part at all* of the
>reason for PenTeleData deciding to blacklist an entire ISP.

I never suggest that you knew any part of the reason; what I suggested
was that you should have known the reason that they gave and that the
use of the term "unknow reason" implies that they didn't give a
reason.

>Your assumption

ROTF,LMAO! You obviously don't have a clue as to whaty my assomtions
are.

>that the only possible chain of
>events that least to this sort of thing happening is the one chain
>of events laid out on a WWW page

Exists only in your imagination.

>and your assumption that the chain of events laid out on the WWW
>page would have anything to do with me

Also exists only in your imagination.

>(given the clear presumption on your part that
>I therefore must have sent some junk mail,

ROTF,LMAO! You have just demonstrated your inability to comprehend
even the simplest aspect opf the issue.

>since that's the stated prerequisite),

And you claim to understan abuse issues?

>(c) sophomorically free from any thought of the fact
>that there are several million other people in the equation.

I'm familiar with the concept of "Too big to block." Obviously the
list operator doesn't buy it.