Fidonet Portal

From: TheAkshaT (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
SOCKS request failed
From: "TheAkshaT" <theakshat@gmail.com>

Hi All,

I'm facing a very wierd issue in accessing a few websites from behind
a firewall.
Whenever I try to open these websites sometimes they open quickly
without any error, sometimes I see them but only the basic HTML
version (without the use of stylesheet etc.Wink and sometimes I see an
error with

Probable Cause :
There could be a problem communicating with the SOCKS server or the
SOCKS server rejected the request.

Is there anything I can do from my side? I have absolutely no idea
about what goes on at the SOCKS server's end so I'm sorry if this
sounds like a naive query...

What amuses me most is the fact that I do not get error everytime and
the server seems to be behaving differenlty at different times.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2