Fidonet Portal

From: John Varela (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
HBO on the iMac
From: "John Varela" <newlamps@verizon.net>

I recently subscribed to HBO and am viewing it on the iPad using
HBOGO.

I'd rather watch HBO on the iMac, but can't find any way to do that.
Can it be done, and if so, how?

--
John Varela
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Joe W Dee (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
00000ccb
From: Joe W Dee <joedid@outlook.com>

On Jan 10, 2018, John Varela wrote
(in article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-c17tHEpW4SEn@localhost>):

> I recently subscribed to HBO and am viewing it on the iPad using
> HBOGO.
>
> I'd rather watch HBO on the iMac, but can't find any way to do that.
> Can it be done, and if so, how?

Browse to HBOGO.COM and sign in with your credentials.

--
Joe W Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Wade Garrett (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: Wade Garrett <wade@cooler.net>

On 1/10/18 3:16 PM, John Varela wrote:
> I recently subscribed to HBO and am viewing it on the iPad using
> HBOGO.
>
> I'd rather watch HBO on the iMac, but can't find any way to do that.
> Can it be done, and if so, how?

Your ISP probably has an app or web page that allows you to watch the
same stuff on your computer that you can watch on your TV.

--
You cannot subsidize irresponsibility and expect people to become more
responsible.

From: John Varela (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: "John Varela" <newlamps@verizon.net>

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 20:32:18 UTC, Joe W Dee <joedid@outlook.com>
wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2018, John Varela wrote
> (in article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-c17tHEpW4SEn@localhost>):
>
> > I recently subscribed to HBO and am viewing it on the iPad using
> > HBOGO.
> >
> > I'd rather watch HBO on the iMac, but can't find any way to do that.
> > Can it be done, and if so, how?
>
> Browse to HBOGO.COM and sign in with your credentials.

What credentials? I subscribed to HBO through my ISP, Verizon. I
went to the HBOGO.com Web site and it wants me to sign in with an
email address. My Verizon UID is not an email address, and I have no
Verizon email address.

--
John Varela
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: John Varela (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: "John Varela" <newlamps@verizon.net>

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 23:34:26 UTC, Wade Garrett <wade@cooler.net>
wrote:

> On 1/10/18 3:16 PM, John Varela wrote:
> > I recently subscribed to HBO and am viewing it on the iPad using
> > HBOGO.
> >
> > I'd rather watch HBO on the iMac, but can't find any way to do that.
> > Can it be done, and if so, how?
> >

> Your ISP probably has an app or web page that allows you to watch the
> same stuff on your computer that you can watch on your TV.

That may be, but I already have the ability to watch cable TV on the
Mac. What I want is to be able to watch Internet-only material.

Since I can watch Internet-only video on the iPad (using HBOGO)
maybe there is a way I can send it to the TV using Apple TV. I have
an older Apple TV and haven't used it much, and then only from the
iMac. The smart TV in the basement runs under Android, about which I
know zilch.

--
John Varela
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Lewis (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies>

In message <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-sGRmEIuKud0k@localhost> John Varela
<newlamps@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 20:32:18 UTC, Joe W Dee <joedid@outlook.com>
> wrote:

>> On Jan 10, 2018, John Varela wrote
>> (in article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-c17tHEpW4SEn@localhost>):
>>
>> > I recently subscribed to HBO and am viewing it on the iPad using
>> > HBOGO.
>> >
>> > I'd rather watch HBO on the iMac, but can't find any way to do that.
>> > Can it be done, and if so, how?
>>
>> Browse to HBOGO.COM and sign in with your credentials.

> What credentials? I subscribed to HBO through my ISP, Verizon. I
> went to the HBOGO.com Web site and it wants me to sign in with an
> email address. My Verizon UID is not an email address, and I have no
> Verizon email address.

I don't think it is possible to have a Verizon account and not have a
Verizon email address.

But you will need to ask Verizon how to login to HBO Go's website.

Or cancel HBO on your cable and get HBO Now which is not tied to your
cable account.

<https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/204548158-Can-t-sign-in-to-HBO-GO-on-m
y-computer->
"The username and password that you sign in to HBO GO with are set by
your TV provider. If you can't remember your sign-in information,
contact your TV provider. You can change or reset your username or
password through your TV provider's website or customer support center.
HBO does not have access to this information."

--
I gotta straighten my face This mellow-thighed chick just put my spine
out of place

From: andi.b.9999@gmail.com (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: andi.b.9999@gmail.com

Am Freitag, 12. Januar 2018 07:52:12 UTC+1 schrieb Lewis:
> In message <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-sGRmEIuKud0k@localhost> John Varela
<newlamps@verizon.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 20:32:18 UTC, Joe W Dee <joedid@outlook.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> On Jan 10, 2018, John Varela wrote
> >> (in article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-c17tHEpW4SEn@localhost>):

> >> Browse to HBOGO.COM and sign in with your credentials.
>
> > What credentials? I subscribed to HBO through my ISP, Verizon. I
> > went to the HBOGO.com Web site and it wants me to sign in with an
> > email address. My Verizon UID is not an email address, and I have no
> > Verizon email address.
>
> I don't think it is possible to have a Verizon account and not have a
> Verizon email address.
>
> But you will need to ask Verizon how to login to HBO Go's website.
>
> Or cancel HBO on your cable and get HBO Now which is not tied to your
> cable account.

<https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/204548158-Can-t-sign-in-to-HBO-GO-on-m
y-computer->
> "The username and password that you sign in to HBO GO with are set by
> your TV provider. If you can't remember your sign-in information,
> contact your TV provider. You can change or reset your username or
> password through your TV provider's website or customer support center.
> HBO does not have access to this information."
>
> --
> I gotta straighten my face This mellow-thighed chick just put my spine
> out of place

What does this all have to do with OS/2 applications
(computer.operatingsystems.OS/2.applicationsWink? Do you guys not know what OS/2
is?

Please post your items in appropriate newsgroups not in OS/2 ones. I'm pretty
sure there are a lot iMac and TV groups. You do not need to spam OS/2 ones.
Thanks.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Joe W Dee (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
00000cd1
From: Joe W Dee <joedid@outlook.com>

On Jan 11, 2018, John Varela wrote
(in article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-sGRmEIuKud0k@localhost>):

> > Browse to HBOGO.COM and sign in with your credentials.
>
> What credentials? I subscribed to HBO through my ISP, Verizon. I
> went to the HBOGO.com Web site and it wants me to sign in with an
> email address. My Verizon UID is not an email address, and I have no
> Verizon email address.

In my case I had to choose my Internet provider (Spectrum) and sign in with
the user ID and PW for Spectrum. It then let me watch HBO GO.

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Savageduck (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>

On Jan 12, 2018, Joe W Dee wrote
(in article<0001HW.2008FB9200B697807000093E32CF@news.eternal-september.org>):

> On Jan 11, 2018, John Varela wrote
> (in article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-sGRmEIuKud0k@localhost>):
>
> > > Browse to HBOGO.COM and sign in with your credentials.
> >
> > What credentials? I subscribed to HBO through my ISP, Verizon. I
> > went to the HBOGO.com Web site and it wants me to sign in with an
> > email address. My Verizon UID is not an email address, and I have no
> > Verizon email address.
>
> In my case I had to choose my Internet provider (Spectrum) and sign in with
> the user ID and PW for Spectrum. It then let me watch HBO GO.

That is what I do, though Spectrum, and my cable provider, and ISP is Charter
Spectrum, and they differentiate between the two on log in. That gives me two
different ways to access HBO and other streaming content, either via the
dedicated site/app such as HBOGO, or the Spectrum TV app/site.

--

Regards,
Savageduck

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Jolly Roger (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com>

John Varela <newlamps@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 20:32:18 UTC, Joe W Dee <joedid@outlook.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 10, 2018, John Varela wrote
>> (in article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-c17tHEpW4SEn@localhost>):
>>
>>> I recently subscribed to HBO and am viewing it on the iPad using
>>> HBOGO.
>>>
>>> I'd rather watch HBO on the iMac, but can't find any way to do that.
>>> Can it be done, and if so, how?
>>
>> Browse to HBOGO.COM and sign in with your credentials.
>
> What credentials? I subscribed to HBO through my ISP, Verizon. I
> went to the HBOGO.com Web site and it wants me to sign in with an
> email address. My Verizon UID is not an email address, and I have no
> Verizon email address.

Contact Verizon for assistance.

JR
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: dorayme (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
00000cd5
From: dorayme <do_ray_me@bigpond.com>

In article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-ibkd73kfp0Xl@localhost>,
"John Varela" <newlamps@verizon.net> wrote:

> Since I can watch Internet-only video on the iPad (using HBOGO)
> maybe there is a way I can send it to the TV using Apple TV. I have
> an older Apple TV and haven't used it much, and then only from the
> iMac.

You can either mirror the iPad on your TV (you can via the modern
Apple TV on an unsmart TV or on a Smart TV) or, if your TV has some
connectors like HDMI, you can plug the iPad in via the lightening and
an adaptor that takes an HDMI cable The adaptor you get from Apple it
fits the usual lightening to USB iPad dongle, the HDMI from anywhere
and cheap is fine.

I tend to mirror when there is something not obtainable via internet
on Apple TV. Before I had Apple TV, I just cabled the iPad as
described above.

The advantage of going via Apple TV is you have a remote to control
things. Tethering direct, you have to mess about with the iPad which
may not be near you (you can get a long HDMI cable). You can adjust
volume via the TV's remote...

--
dorayme
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Steven Levine (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: "Steven Levine" <steve53@nomail.earthlink.net>

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:14:58 UTC, andi.b.9999@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Andi,

> What does this all have to do with OS/2 applications
(computer.operatingsystems.OS/2.applicationsWink?

Clearly not a lot and they are all on the right newsgroup from their
POV.

They are talking on:

comp.mobile.ipad,comp.os.os2.apps

For some reason this is now considered an alias for comp.os.os2.apps.
Go figure. Blame the news provider. Smile

I doubt they will see your message or mine, but who knows.

Steven

Steven Levine <steve53@earthlink.bogus.net>
DIY/Warp/BlueLion etc. www.scoug.com www.arcanoae.com www.warpcave.com
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Dave Yeo (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: Dave Yeo <dave.r.yeo@gmail.com>

Steven Levine wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:14:58 UTC, andi.b.9999@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi Andi,
>
>> What does this all have to do with OS/2 applications
(computer.operatingsystems.OS/2.applicationsWink?
> Clearly not a lot and they are all on the right newsgroup from their
> POV.
>
> They are talking on:
>
> comp.mobile.ipad,comp.os.os2.apps
>
> For some reason this is now considered an alias for comp.os.os2.apps.
> Go figure. Blame the news provider. Smile
>
> I doubt they will see your message or mine, but who knows.

If you look, the original poster posted with Pronews, so an OS/2 user.
Perhaps just fat fingers hitting the wrong newsgroup?
Dave
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: John Varela (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: "John Varela" <newlamps@verizon.net>

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 06:52:12 UTC, Lewis
<g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

> In message <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-sGRmEIuKud0k@localhost> John Varela
<newlamps@verizon.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 20:32:18 UTC, Joe W Dee <joedid@outlook.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> On Jan 10, 2018, John Varela wrote
> >> (in article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-c17tHEpW4SEn@localhost>):

> >> Browse to HBOGO.COM and sign in with your credentials.
>
> > What credentials? I subscribed to HBO through my ISP, Verizon. I
> > went to the HBOGO.com Web site and it wants me to sign in with an
> > email address. My Verizon UID is not an email address, and I have no
> > Verizon email address.

Since writing that I have changed my Verizon UID to one of my icloud
addresses and now have HBO GO working on the iMac.

> I don't think it is possible to have a Verizon account and not have a
> Verizon email address.

I do. I moved all my email to iCloud in response to Verizon's
transferral of email service to AOL. The FiOS account is in my name
, with an @icloud.com address as the UID. My wife kept her
verizon.net email addresses, which are subaccounts of my account. I
don't know for sure but I am reasonably confident that if she were
to abandon her verizon.net addresses Verizon FiOS would continue as
our ISP.

> But you will need to ask Verizon how to login to HBO Go's website.

> Or cancel HBO on your cable and get HBO Now which is not tied to your
> cable account.

There are instructions on the HBO NOW web site for signing up for
service contracted for under various ISPs, including Verizon. I got
all wrapped around the axle trying to get that to work, but HBO NOW
steadfastly refused to accept my Verizon UID and password on any of
three browsers.

I finally did get HBO GO to work on the Mac, by going to back to
HBOGO.com on a browser AFTER I had changed my Verizon UID to an
email address.

Oddly, HBO GO works on Mac Firefox and Safari, but not on Google
Chrome, which says I must download and install Adobe Flash. I do not
have Flash installed on the other browsers, and I thought Chrome had
its own built-in Flash.

From: John Varela (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: "John Varela" <newlamps@verizon.net>

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:14:58 UTC, andi.b.9999@gmail.com wrote:

> Am Freitag, 12. Januar 2018 07:52:12 UTC+1 schrieb Lewis:
> > In message <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-sGRmEIuKud0k@localhost> John Varela
<newlamps@verizon.net> wrote:

> > > What credentials? I subscribed to HBO through my ISP, Verizon. I
> > > went to the HBOGO.com Web site and it wants me to sign in with an
> > > email address. My Verizon UID is not an email address, and I have no
> > > Verizon email address.
MY ERROR. I am the OP and nmeant to crosspost to comp.mobile.ipad
and comp.sys.mac.apps. I rarely post to the latter and muscle memory
typed the OS/2 apps group by mistake.

> > I don't think it is possible to have a Verizon account and not have a
> > Verizon email address.
> >
> > But you will need to ask Verizon how to login to HBO Go's website.
> >
> > Or cancel HBO on your cable and get HBO Now which is not tied to your
> > cable account.

<https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/204548158-Can-t-sign-in-to-HBO-GO-on-m
y-computer->
> > "The username and password that you sign in to HBO GO with are set by
> > your TV provider. If you can't remember your sign-in information,
> > contact your TV provider. You can change or reset your username or
> > password through your TV provider's website or customer support center.
> > HBO does not have access to this information."
> >
> > --
> > I gotta straighten my face This mellow-thighed chick just put my spine
> > out of place
>

> What does this all have to do with OS/2 applications
(computer.operatingsystems.OS/2.applicationsWink? Do you guys not know what OS/2
is?

SORRY.

> Please post your items in appropriate newsgroups not in OS/2 ones. I'm pretty
sure there are a lot iMac and TV groups. You do not need to spam OS/2 ones.
Thanks.

MY ERROR. I am the OP and meant to crosspost to comp.mobile.ipad and
comp.sys.mac.apps. I rarely post to the apps groups

From: John Varela (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: "John Varela" <newlamps@verizon.net>

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 09:37:58 UTC, "robert wolfe"
<@p0.f18.n116.z1[ASC46]fidonet[.]org> wrote:

> + User FidoNet address: 1:116/18
> -=> "John Varela" <newlamps@verizon.net> wrote to All <=-
>
> "V<> On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 20:32:18 UTC, Joe W Dee <joedid@outlook.com>
> "V<> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 10, 2018, John Varela wrote
> > (in article <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-c17tHEpW4SEn@localhost>):
> >
> > > I recently subscribed to HBO and am viewing it on the iPad using
> > > HBOGO.
> > >
> > > I'd rather watch HBO on the iMac, but can't find any way to do that.
> > > Can it be done, and if so, how?
> >
> > Browse to HBOGO.COM and sign in with your credentials.
>
> "V<> What credentials? I subscribed to HBO through my ISP, Verizon. I
> "V<> went to the HBOGO.com Web site and it wants me to sign in with an
> "V<> email address. My Verizon UID is not an email address, and I have no
> "V<> Verizon email address.
>
> Here is my question - WTF does this have to do with OS/2?

Nothing. My mistake. It was supposed to be crossposted to
comp.sys.mac.apps but some sort of ancient memory took control of my
fingers and crossposted to the wrong group.

--
John Varela
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: John Varela (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: "John Varela" <newlamps@verizon.net>

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 16:44:53 UTC, Dave Yeo <dave.r.yeo@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Steven Levine wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:14:58 UTC, andi.b.9999@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andi,
> >
> >> What does this all have to do with OS/2 applications
(computer.operatingsystems.OS/2.applicationsWink?
> > Clearly not a lot and they are all on the right newsgroup from their
> > POV.
> >
> > They are talking on:
> >
> > comp.mobile.ipad,comp.os.os2.apps
> >
> > For some reason this is now considered an alias for comp.os.os2.apps.
> > Go figure. Blame the news provider. Smile
> >
> > I doubt they will see your message or mine, but who knows.
>
> If you look, the original poster posted with Pronews, so an OS/2 user.
> Perhaps just fat fingers hitting the wrong newsgroup?

You got it.

--
John Varela
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Lewis (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies>

In message <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-0hEIfSytET5P@localhost> John Varela
<newlamps@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 06:52:12 UTC, Lewis
> <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>> In message <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-sGRmEIuKud0k@localhost> John Varela
<newlamps@verizon.net> wrote:

>> > What credentials? I subscribed to HBO through my ISP, Verizon. I
>> > went to the HBOGO.com Web site and it wants me to sign in with an
>> > email address. My Verizon UID is not an email address, and I have no
>> > Verizon email address.

> Since writing that I have changed my Verizon UID to one of my icloud
> addresses and now have HBO GO working on the iMac.
>
>> I don't think it is possible to have a Verizon account and not have a
>> Verizon email address.

> I do. I moved all my email to iCloud in response to Verizon's
> transferral of email service to AOL. The FiOS account is in my name
> , with an @icloud.com address as the UID. My wife kept her
> verizon.net email addresses, which are subaccounts of my account. I
> don't know for sure but I am reasonably confident that if she were
> to abandon her verizon.net addresses Verizon FiOS would continue as
> our ISP.

Whether you are using the email or not, I am reasonably certain that
there is still a Verizon email address associated with your account. I
have, for example, never ever used my comcast email address for
anything, but it still exists. They have occasionally sent mail to it,
then complained I didn't reply (via a letter) at which point I call
them, tell them I will never use their email address or their servers
for anything ever and if they want to email me they have to use my own
email address.

>> But you will need to ask Verizon how to login to HBO Go's website.
>
>> Or cancel HBO on your cable and get HBO Now which is not tied to your
>> cable account.

> There are instructions on the HBO NOW web site for signing up for
> service contracted for under various ISPs, including Verizon. I got
> all wrapped around the axle trying to get that to work, but HBO NOW
> steadfastly refused to accept my Verizon UID and password on any of
> three browsers.

HBO Now and HBO Go are (confusingly) two entirely different products.

--
The Steve is seen, rightly or wrongly, as the visionary, the leader,
the savant. Bill is the Boswell to The Steve's Johnson, but lacking

From: John Varela (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: "John Varela" <newlamps@verizon.net>

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 03:08:40 UTC, Lewis
<g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

> In message <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-0hEIfSytET5P@localhost> John Varela
<newlamps@verizon.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 06:52:12 UTC, Lewis
> > <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

> > Since writing that I have changed my Verizon UID to one of my icloud
> > addresses and now have HBO GO working on the iMac.
> >
> >> I don't think it is possible to have a Verizon account and not have a
> >> Verizon email address.
>
> > I do. I moved all my email to iCloud in response to Verizon's
> > transferral of email service to AOL. The FiOS account is in my name
> > , with an @icloud.com address as the UID. My wife kept her
> > verizon.net email addresses, which are subaccounts of my account. I
> > don't know for sure but I am reasonably confident that if she were
> > to abandon her verizon.net addresses Verizon FiOS would continue as
> > our ISP.
>
> Whether you are using the email or not, I am reasonably certain that
> there is still a Verizon email address associated with your account. I
> have, for example, never ever used my comcast email address for
> anything, but it still exists. They have occasionally sent mail to it,

Verizon makes a distinction between User ID and email address for
contact. Many of my UIDs are my email address. As it happens, my
Verizon UID was not an email address, it was JAVARELA. But when I
wanted to sign in on HBO GO with my Verizon UID, HBO insisted that
it had to be in the form of an email address. I think I could
probably have used something like "user@isp.com" and gotten away
with it, but I in fact used a real icloud address (just in case) and
it was accepted.

> then complained I didn't reply (via a letter) at which point I call
> them, tell them I will never use their email address or their servers
> for anything ever and if they want to email me they have to use my own
> email address.
> >
> >> But you will need to ask Verizon how to login to HBO Go's website.
> >
> >> Or cancel HBO on your cable and get HBO Now which is not tied to your
> >> cable account.
>
> > There are instructions on the HBO NOW web site for signing up for
> > service contracted for under various ISPs, including Verizon. I got
> > all wrapped around the axle trying to get that to work, but HBO NOW
> > steadfastly refused to accept my Verizon UID and password on any of
> > three browsers.
>
> HBO Now and HBO Go are (confusingly) two entirely different products.

I know. It appears that both are both IOS-only apps and Web sites.
My reading of the HBO site was that you use HBO GO for iOS and
somehow use HBO NOW for Mac.

My guess is that they design everything around Windows and then
jury-rig something for the Mac users.

Yesterday I was streaming Game of Thrones from HBONOW.com on
Firefox. Today when I tried to resume with the next episode, HBO
told me I had to download Adobe Flash to do what I did yesterday on
Firefox without Flash. HBO had said the same thing when I tried to
stream on Google Chrome, which I understand to have its own Flash
processor. I was, however, able to stream from HBONOW.com on Safari
without Adobe Flash. WTF?

--
John Varela
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Lewis (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: HBO on the iMac
From: Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies>

In message <51W5y0sPNk52-pn2-Wi1ZucVsbdyK@localhost> John Varela
<newlamps@verizon.net> wrote:
> I know. It appears that both are both IOS-only apps and Web sites.
> My reading of the HBO site was that you use HBO GO for iOS and
> somehow use HBO NOW for Mac.

No. One is for people who subscribe to HBO via their cable company, the
other is for people who don't

--
I'm dangerous when I know what I'm doing.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2