Fidonet Portal

From: Vincent Coen (2:250/1)
To: All
Date: Tue, 09.06.20 17:19
Backup
Hello Rick!

Monday June 08 2020 20:54, you wrote to All:

> Greetings All!

> I was wondering if anyone can recommend a backup program, I would like
> to run (auto if possible) routine that can back up certain directories
> and ftp it to my NAS, I have a routine for the ftp part if the backup
> program cant do that piece..

I use rsync as two streams for / partition as root and /home for all user
areas.

See below scripts :

Home :

#!/bin/bash
time rsync -avvuhh --stats --delete --exclude=/home/vince/Music2 /home
/home/vince/Music2/Backups > rsync-home.log 2>rsync-home.err
exit 0

Boot:

#!/bin/bash
time rsync -avvuhh --stats --delete --exclude=/dev --exclude=/proc
--exclude=/mnt --exclude=/run --exclude=/tmp --exclude=/home --exclude=/media
--exclude=/sys / /home/vince/Music2/Backups/SSD-Mageia-v7-HDD > rsync-root.log
2>rsync-root.err
exit 0

Mind you trying to make an image of the boot (/) back up to another drive (a
SSD) mounted as /mnt/disk1 does not work as it create a directory 2 with 2
blocks of restored data as / and disk1 both in the directory I am running it
from.

Mounted devices :

$ df
/dev/sdc3 88G 18G 66G 22% /mnt/disk1
/dev/sda9 992G 607G 335G 65% /home
/dev/sdb1 2.7T 873G 1.9T 32% /home/vince/Music2

I have ommitted some systems.

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v7.1 X64/Mbse v1.0.7.13/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)