Fidonet Portal

From: Michiel van der Vlist (2:280/5555)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 09.06.20 12:44
Be prepaired ;-)
Hello All,

https://ipv4flagday.net/

Cheers, Michiel

--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20170303
* Origin: he.net certified sage (2:280/5555)

From: TERRY ROATI (3:640/1321)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 09.06.20 13:19
RE: Be prepaired ;-)
On Jun 09, 2020 12:13pm, Michiel Van Der Vlist wrote to All:

Hi Michhiel

MVDV> https://ipv4flagday.net/

I thought it would happen before 10 years, just shows how long it is taking to
move to IPV6.

Terry

... Platinum Xpress & Wildcat!..... Nice!!!!
--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
* Origin: The File Bank BBS! (3:640/1321)

From: TERRY ROATI (3:640/1321)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 11.06.20 15:49
RE: Be prepaired ;-)
On Jun 11, 2020 12:21pm, Michiel Van Der Vlist wrote to Terry Roati:

Hi Micheil,

MVDV> IPv6 adaption is going tantalizingly slow. But there is progress I
MVDV> think. Here is some interesting reading from my fellow countryman and
MVDV> ex-Fidonet participant Iljitsch van Beijnum:

I beleive it is due to hardware upgrade delays, ISP's like making money no
spending it until they have to.

MVDV> http://www.inet6consult.com/en/2020/ipv6-is-a-success-at-25-percent.ph
MVDV> p

Thanks for the article, it is interesting and makes sense.

MVDV> As for switching off IPv4, I fear it will be around for a while....

I bought and installed a Netgate firewall / router running pfSense, probably
the best and most useful piece of hardware I bought in a long time. It is able
to do so much, configuring IPV6 should be a nice learning curve when my ISP
finally upgrades.

It has made a big difference in the amount of bad coonections from arouns 1000
to less than 10 a day on my system.