Fidonet Portal

From: Ross Cassell (1:123/456)
To: All
Date: Fri, 02.12.11 12:17
Vote

02 Dec 11 13:52, you wrote to me:

BF>>> Of course. I challenged it before he cast his vote (in a comment
BF>>> to Roy).

RC>> So I ask again, would you have done the "same thing" if Dallas
RC>> had voted for both you and Michiel?

BF> I've already answered that question (se above). The answer is still
BF> the same.

I find that hard to believe...

If Dallas had voted for you, I doubt you would have challenged it.

RC>> I note today that RC30 voted no for you and yes to all the rest,
RC>> to what do you attribute his no vote that might be different from
RC>> the other no votes you received?

BF> I have no idea why, but a good guess is that they -- like so many
BF> others -- think that this is a popularity contest.

What else is there???

Why have a ballot choice with a binary answer, if one is supposed to reject one
of the 2 possible answers?

Why was your ballot or Mr Mohn's ballots so righteous?

Sometimes its the personal interaction one observes that one uses as
criteria...

Maybe a person running for Parliament has 4568 PHD's and bookoo years of
experience, but yet has social positions and a matching agenda that are
opposite your own, somehow I doubt you would vote for that MP wannabe..

BF> People who wants the FTSC to remain a toothless tiger should make
BF> sure that nobody with outspoken opinions, who is not afraid to call
BF> things with it's proper name of fear to become unpopular, should vote
BF> no to any such candidate.

Outspoken opinions on the FTSC for what purpose??

Do you plan on voicing your non-Fidonet related opinions on the FTSC?

Will you crusade to have canned laughter banned from US TV programming when
elected to the FTSC?

I hope you plan on leaving the non-fidonet related baggage in the top left hand
drawer of your desk!

RC>> Also since you brought up voting and election protocol in your
RC>> failed challenge, would you not find it odd that Michiel Van Der
RC>> Vlist is himself counting the votes with himself being on the
RC>> list of candidates? Would not the proper thing to do is to have
RC>> someone coordinate this election who has no standing to vote or
RC>> be voted up or down?

BF> Michiel's integrity is in my opinion way above any doubt, so I have
BF> absolutely no problem with that.

On that we agree, however to avoid the appearance of impropriety, one usually
removes oneself from such a perception or risk of same.

BF> If you, on the other hand, have problems with it, how come you
BF> didn't object two years ago, when *you* were a candidate? The
BF> situation then was exactly the same as now.

I didnt know I was counting the votes two years ago... oops!

==
Ross
Fidonet Feeds Or Fidonet In Your Newsreader: http://www.easternstar.info
E-mail: ross(at)cassell(dot)us | Other Places: http://links.cassell.us

Have A Happy Holiday Season!

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20060121
* Origin: The Eastern Star - Spartanburg, SC USA (1:123/456)