Fidonet Portal

From: Anton Kuznetsov (2:463/68.648)
To: All
Date: Fri, 11.12.09 12:28
Bad name for segment
Dear Ward,

9 Dec 2009 10:10, you to Rc46:

WD> Your region-segment was named REGION46.343 instead of REGION46.345.
WD> Please review your procedures, you've had this error before.
WD> Even segments delivered for Wednesday's ZONE2-file need to have next
WD> Friday's Julian-date.

* Area : NETMAIL.ARCHIVE
* From : Ward Dossche, 2:292/854 (8 Oct 2009 09:36)
* To : Pavel Gulchouck, 2:463/68
* Subj : Re: Regional nodelist segment
!CC: Anton Kuznetsov

Pavel,

PG> How often sending regional segment is reasonable now, and what
PG> segment filename extensions are valid?

I process segments every hour. Technically, soon that will be "as they arrive".
So at the moment 24 segments per day is a possibility.

I don't care about the extension anymore as I rename them per definition to a
valid value. Too many people made errors in them anyway.

PG> I remember some time ago our regional segment was not included
PG> into world nodelist due to incorrect extension (daynumber was not
PG> Friday, file was renamed on receiving).

That was "years ago", not "some time".

PG> Now, when DAILYLST fileecho created, is it
PG> possible and sensible to send you daily regional segments with
PG> extention of current daynumber (not Friday)?

Yes, if there are modifications it would make sense.

\%/@rd

So, since you mentioned "I don't care about the extension anymore", then
the sender puts current day number into the file extesion.
What's wrong?

(It's not a problem to fix the nodelist name to ".345", but then why did
you write "I don't care about the extension"?Wink

Anton Kuznetsov

---
* Origin: Tony @ Odessa-mama (2:463/68.648@fidonet.org)
.