Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Menedetter (2:310/31)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 01.06.20 12:35
AMIGA Moderator?
Hi Alan!

19 May 2020 11:52, from Alan Ianson -> Gary McCulloch:

AI> Once an echo is carried by the backbone each of the stars will have
AI> the area and make it available to others

What exactly do you mean by _THE_backbone.
There is no such thing in official fidonet backbone.
There are fidonet nodes, and they can have links to other nodes.
For the sake of redundancy they should have more than one link per echo, so the
distribution is not disrupted if one of the nodes stops forwarding for whatever
reason.

There is a group of 3 (?Wink people that call themselves the north American
backbone.

They have NO special role ... if they carry an echo great.
If not you can get it from somewhere else ... no big problem.

AI> In any case if you would like to moderate this area I support you.

I have not read the proposed rules.
So I cannot comment if I am in support of that or not.

AI> You'll need the support of the users of the area, at least a mojority
AI> of the users.

Naturally!

AI> If folks could post there support for Garry with a yes or no I think
AI> that's enough.
AI> Do you, the readers of this area support Gary?
AI> Gary for Moderator? Yes/No

I have not seen the proposed rules.
Maybe I missed it? (if yes please feel free to point me to them)

Until then a No.

CU, Ricsi

... Room service? Send up cherries, whipped cream and a silk rope.
--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you! (2:310/31)