Fidonet Portal

From: August Abolins (2:221/360)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 31.05.20 16:19
oopsie daisy - ¡ןooϽ
On 5/31/2020 9:21 AM, between "Michiel van der Vlist : August Abolins":

AA>> Yeah.. I noticed that when the message got saved. Is that because of
AA>> TB's limitation at "UTF-8 4" and not supporting "UTF-8 16" ?

MvdV>
MvdV> UTF-8 16? Do you mean UTF16?

I was referring to something that I vaguely remembered when someone here
mentioned that the charset kludge that Thunderbird was using here was incorrect
as "utf-8 2". And I even remembered THAT wrong and wrote "UTF-8 4" in my
message. Sad

MvdV> UTF16 is not usable in Fidonet as a UTF16 sequence often contains
MvdV> NULL bytes and the NULL byte (00)is used in Fidonet to signal the end
MvdV> of the mesaage text.

Ah.. Good to know. UTF-8 is good enough.

AA>> ˙sǝıʇıןıqıssod ʎuɐɯ ƃuıןɐǝʌǝɹ sı 8-Ⅎ⊥∩

MvdV>
MvdV> Hé now I see it upside down! (32bit Windows version of Vi)

As long as my little foray into the upside down world is still allowed, then
good!

--- Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 (Windows/20100228)
* Origin: nntp://rbb.fidonet.fi - Lake Ylo - Finland (2:221/360.0)