Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Fri, 18.01.19 14:57
The Collectors Newsletter No. 1145 January 18th 2019
10. Vintage Recipes

Email recipes@tias.com if you would like to submit a recipe.

As with collectibles, people also have very strong feelings about foods from
their past. Sometimes these special recipes get lost. This section is to help
people who are looking for lost recipes from their past. If you submit a
request, please include the geographical region where you tasted the recipe.
If you have a vintage recipe request send it to recipes@tias.com and we might
just publish it here.

CRANBERRY SQUARES
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled 1 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups fresh cranberries
1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans or almonds

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 9 inch square baking pan. With an electric
mixer, beat sugar and eggs in large bowl until slightly thickened, about 2
minutes. Beat in melted butter and almond extract. Add flour and stir until
well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out
clean, about 50-60 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool.

Dust with powdered sugar before serving

Request from a reader for a recipe:

Has anyone ever heard of Maryland Fried Cookies. I think they are like
Flourentines using a frying pan to melt the sugar and butter. I would love to
find the recipe I lost out of a magazine 20 years ago.

TIAS.com merchants have thousands of cookbooks for sale! You can
see them here: http://www.tias.com/books/cooking/

Be sure to check out our vintage kitchen collectibles section online at:
http://www.tias.com/showcase/1/Kitchen_Collectibles/1.html

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-3
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)