Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Thu, 24.02.11 18:21
PayPal
Email from FireDogLake (firedoglake.com)

PayPal just froze the account of the Bradley Manning Support Network, a group
raising funds for the legal defense of alleged Wikileaks source Pfc. Bradley
Manning. The group can no longer accept donations through PayPal, or access
the money in its account.

The Bradley Manning Support Network didn? ?t do anything illegal. PayPal even
admits there's no legal reason to shut down the group's account; it's an
'internal policy decision.'

We need to stand with other Bradley Manning supporters. Can you sign your name
to our letter to PayPal demanding the company restore service to the Bradley
Manning Support Network?

Tell PayPal to drop its unreasonable demands of the Bradley Manning Support
Network and restore access to the group? ?s PayPal account. Click here to sign
our letter. (link below)

http://action.firedoglake.com/page/m/5958d537/4592e59a/63e6e492/3dc64128/654264
969/VEsD/

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: ED KOON (1:123/140)
To: All
Date: Tue, 01.03.11 09:28
Re: PayPal
-> EK> And is more like a criminal enterprise than a payment processor. I
don't
-> EK> know how they get away with being regulated as a bank.
->
-> I refuse to do business with them or via them.
->
I have had a PayPig account since 2003 and only got it seized once.. LOL!
Guess I'm doing good!

It's required to buy on eBay and i have gotten some literal steals of a
deal on there. As a buyer paying for items on eBay it's pretty safe. But
regardless i have it tied to a seperate bank account that i transfer funds
into and out of after doing a transaction.

Speaking of Wikileaks, I would love to see some internal eBay documents
regarding the sale of stolen property on their website! Their Sheriff
recently got the boot, and i hear from a very reliable source that eBay
Trust and Safety has hardly anyone in it these days.

Trust & Safety + eBay = That's Laughable!!

---
Celebrating 20 Years Of BBS Service! docsplace.tzo.co
* Origin: Since 1991 And Were Still Here! DOCSPLACE.TZO.COM (1:123/140)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Tue, 01.03.11 11:08
Re: PayPal
EK> And is more like a criminal enterprise than a payment processor. I don't
EK> know how they get away with being regulated as a bank.

I refuse to do business with them or via them.

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.59
* Origin: WIKILEAKS (2:292/854)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Tue, 01.03.11 12:47
Re: PayPal
Michiel,

Mv>WD> I refuse to do business with them or via them.

Mv> I did business with them in the past. Not any more....

So did I, eBay-related.

In the end it's way too expensive and in Europe quite useless, certainly for me
with superb electronic online banking.

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.59
* Origin: WIKILEAKS (2:292/854)

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Wed, 02.03.11 11:07
Re: PayPal
Hi Ward,

>> WD> I refuse to do business with them or via them.

>> I did business with them in the past. Not any more....

> So did I, eBay-related.

>In the end it's way too expensive and in Europe quite useless, certainly for m
> with superb electronic online banking.

I'm glad that PayPal rescinded this decision.. In this country at least, and
I'm not sure about others, in order to use ebay, one now has to use paypal.. no
other choice, last time I checked.

BTW, More than 18,000 Firedoglake activists signed a letter to paypal asking
them to restore access to Bradley Manning's defense fund.

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Wed, 02.03.11 18:34
Re: PayPal
Janis,

JK> I'm glad that PayPal rescinded this decision.. In this country at least,
JK> and I'm not sure about others, in order to use ebay, one now has to use
JK> paypal.. no other choice, last time I checked.

I just checked from my side and we can choose the payment method we wish.

Forcing one exclusive type of payment in the EU would mean a gigantic lawsuit
which eBay will lose.

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.59
* Origin: WIKILEAKS (2:292/854)

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Wed, 02.03.11 22:55
Re: PayPal
Hi Ward,

>> I'm glad that PayPal rescinded this decision.. In this country at least,
>> and I'm not sure about others, in order to use ebay, one now has to use
>> paypal.. no other choice, last time I checked.

> I just checked from my side and we can choose the payment method we wish.

That's how it used to be on PayPal/Ebay over here, as well. I think it was
just a few years ago that Ebay changed their policy, requiring all sellers to
use paypal.

> Forcing one exclusive type of payment in the EU would mean a gigantic lawsuit
> which eBay will lose.

As I understand it, the UK and possibly Germany also now require paypal. It's
hard to find current information though.

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)