Fidonet Portal

From: Michiel van der Vlist (2:280/5555)
To: All
Date: Mon, 04.12.06 15:19
FidoNews Editor MIA?
Hello Dale!

On Monday December 04 2006 00:02, you wrote to Ward Dossche:

WD>> Michiel on more than one occasion has answered with "I
WD>> stand corrected" and has no problem in saying so.

DS> That is not an accurate portrayal of Michiel's attitude according
DS> to my observations of him in the echos.

Observations can be selective. I can say the saem about you. I have never seen
you admit to being wrong either, despite the fact that I have observed you to
be wrong on many occasions.

DS> IMO, his biggest flaw is that he cannot accept what others say
DS> without observing the "evidence" directly himself.

Correction: without being given the opportunity to *verify* the facts myself.
I do not always have to see it myself. But I insist on there being a way for
independant verification of the facts and not having to resort to just take
someone's word for it.

And that, IMNSHO is not a flaw. If everyone would have the same attitude we
would not get involved in disasters like Iraq.

DS> His next biggest flaw is that he does not admit when he is wrong,

Even Careol confirms that you are wrong in that. Now will you admit it?

DS> but creates complex, hypothetical and spurious arguments to
DS> relentlessly defend his untenable position.

In those cases you just think I am wrong, but in reality you simply fail to
understand the issue.

Cheers, Michiel

--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20060315
* Origin: http://www.vlist.org (2:280/5555)