Fidonet Portal

From: tholen@antispam.ham (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 21.04.20 17:22
Rimstar
From: tholen@antispam.ham

Brian Smith wrote a nice programmer's editor for OS/2
called RimStar.

I believe there was also a Windows version, but it
appears that RimStar has disappeared. Any leads on
where to find a copy of the editor?

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Pete (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 21.04.20 21:43
Re: Rimstar
From: Pete

Hi

tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
> Brian Smith wrote a nice programmer's editor for OS/2
> called RimStar.
>
> I believe there was also a Windows version, but it
> appears that RimStar has disappeared. Any leads on
> where to find a copy of the editor?

Did you try here
https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/apps/editors/rim22.zip

Regards

Pete
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: reiknir (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 21.04.20 22:44
Re: Rimstar
From: reiknir

On Wednesday, 22 April 2020 00:43:25 UTC+1, Pete wrote:
> Hi
>
> tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
> > Brian Smith wrote a nice programmer's editor for OS/2
> > called RimStar.
> >
> > I believe there was also a Windows version, but it
> > appears that RimStar has disappeared. Any leads on
> > where to find a copy of the editor?
> >

> Did you try here
> https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/apps/editors/rim22.zip

That is just a demo copy, Rimstar folded around the 2002/3 timeline and last I
heard of Mr. Smith he was involved with some Scientology related enterprise
(2010 ish)

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Pete (1:396/4)
To: n/a