Fidonet Portal

From: Paul Quinn (3:640/384)
To: All
Date: Mon, 11.12.06 15:22
The Weather
Hi! Miles,

On 10 Dec 06 07:29, you wrote to All:

MM> Are we alone in that down here, or is your local weather out of
MM> sorts, too ?

We've returned to the normal pattern for this time of year: warm-ish and
sometimes wet days with comfortable nights (though one town out 'past the black
stump' posted a -minimum- of 33C a week ago). All this will change from about
00:01 01/01/2007, when we move on to the usual summer fare: stinking
ho-double-t days and nights best spent around the pool till 23:00.

We did have some very, very cool weather about a month ago with some isolated
areas southwest of here posting new 100-year records for the coolest temps so
late in spring. One town, Stanthorpe (-aka Applethorpe) had real snow for the
first time in over 40 years. The southern states were blasted by sleet and
snow at the same time, but such is their usual fare during the late winter
months in any case and went largely unnoticed.

Cheers,
Paul.

... Floggings will continue until morale improves!
--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-31012
* Origin: Quinn's Post - Maryborough, Queensland, OZ (3:640/384)