Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 03.08.19 14:13
My bash script
Hello All,

I am using this in a bash script to toss incoming files here and am having a
problem with it that I hope someone can shed some light on for me.

---- begin import mailin.sh ---

# process tics
if [ -f fido/inbound/*.tic ]; then
./bbbs btick > /dev/null 2>&1
./bbbs bfilsort > /dev/null 2>&1
./bbbs bfileidx > /dev/null 2>&1
fi

That is a snippit from my script that tosses inbound files. It works fine if
there in just one inbound *.tic but if there are more than one tic to be
processed it fails and I see this..

scripts/mailin.sh: 14: [: fido/inbound/12345678.tic: unexpected operator

I'm not sure what that means or how to overcome it. Any suggestions?

One last question.. I have a second section like the aboveeeee that looks for
*.TIC instead of *.tic. Is there a way to edit the above line to look for both
*.tic and *.TIC?

Thanks for any pointers.. Smile

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4
* Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)