Fidonet Portal

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Sun, 25.11.18 02:23
Help needed
I am trying to make an echo readonly, even for myself. I have attempted
to use the readonly attribute on FIDOTEST, putting it in a couple of
places that looked reasonable -- but my messages there are still getting
out.

Here is my last attempt (I did siltn after making the changes).

MsgArea FIDOTEST
ACS normal
Style Squish Echo pub RealName HighBit readonly
Path H:\IM\MAIL\SQ\FIDOTEST
Tag FIDOTEST
Desc FIDOTEST
Renum Days 7
Renum Max 800
End MsgArea

Can anyone tell me how to accomplish my goal?

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked on Hesperus in Columbia, Maryland. 01:27:44, 25 Nov 2018
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Mon, 26.11.18 00:00
Re: Help needed
-=> On 11-25-18 09:29, Mark Lewis spoke to Dale Shipp about Help needed Can anyone tell me how to accomplish my goal?

ML> are you the sysop? some BBS packages allow the sysop to do
ML> everything even if it is blocked for others...

Yes, I am the sysop. Even so, I want it to be blocked even for me since
access is read only and I do not want to make a mistake.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked on Hesperus in Columbia, Maryland. 23:01:26, 25 Nov 2018

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Mon, 26.11.18 00:01
Re: Help needed
-=> On 11-25-18 22:14, Sean Dennis spoke to Dale Shipp about Help needed I am trying to make an echo readonly, even for myself. I have
DS> attempted to use the readonly attribute on FIDOTEST, putting it in a
DS> couple of places that looked reasonable -- but my messages there are
DS> still getting out.

SD> Max will still let you post as a sysop in a ReadOnly echo. You might
SD> have to set a flag to not have to post in the echo.

That is what I was beginning to suspect -- do you know of a flag that
would prevent inadvertent posting?

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked on Hesperus in Columbia, Maryland. 23:02:48, 25 Nov 2018