Fidonet Portal

From: Utopian Galt (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Sat, 17.07.21 11:01
Internet Rex last coda
I would like to see:
1. Compatablity with the recent binkp standard.
2. Compatablity with Synchronet's Binkit.

I had to use wwiv for echomail instead of winserver due to synchronet making
internet rex useless.
--- WWIV 5.7.2.3536
* Origin: Inland Utopia BBS * iutopia.duckdns.org:2023 (1:218/109)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Mon, 19.07.21 00:12
Re: Internet Rex last coda
On 17 Jul 21 11:01:27, Utopian Galt said the following to All:

UG> I would like to see:
UG> 1. Compatablity with the recent binkp standard.
UG> 2. Compatablity with Synchronet's Binkit.

It is unlikely Irex will ever be updated...

Nick
--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: All
Date: Mon, 19.07.21 08:24
Re: Internet Rex last coda
-=> Utopian Galt wrote to All <=-

UG> I had to use wwiv for echomail instead of winserver due to synchronet
UG> making internet rex useless.

How did that happen? I ran Internet Rex with Synchronet for a transx
connection for several years.

... Emphasize differences
--- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)

From: Utopian Galt (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Wed, 21.07.21 21:14
Re: Internet Rex last coda
BY: Rob Swindell(1:103/705)

RS> > I had to use wwiv for echomail instead of winserver due to synchronet
RS> > making
RS> > internet rex useless.
RS>
RS> What are you talking about?
Binkit Sad

From: Rob Swindell (1:103/705)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.07.21 22:43
Re: Internet Rex last coda
Re: Re: Internet Rex last coda
By: Utopian Galt to Rob Swindell on Wed Jul 21 2021 09:14 pm

> BY: Rob Swindell(1:103/705)
>

> RS> > I had to use wwiv for echomail instead of winserver due to synchronet
> RS> > making
> RS> > internet rex useless.
>
> RS> What are you talking about?
> Binkit Sad

You think that BinkIT makes irex useless?
--
digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #4:
David St. Hubbins: He died in a bizarre gardening accident...

--- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
* Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 24.07.21 06:39
Re: Internet Rex last coda
On 23 Jul 21 22:43:40, Rob Swindell said the following to Utopian Galt:

> RS> What are you talking about?
> Binkit Sad
RS>
RS> You think that BinkIT makes irex useless?

Linux makes Irex useless.

Nick

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Rob Swindell (1:103/705)
To: All
Date: Sat, 24.07.21 20:15
Re: Internet Rex last coda
Re: Re: Internet Rex last coda
By: Nick Andre to Rob Swindell on Sat Jul 24 2021 06:39 am

> On 23 Jul 21 22:43:40, Rob Swindell said the following to Utopian Galt:
>
> > RS> What are you talking about?
> > Binkit Sad
>
> RS> You think that BinkIT makes irex useless?
>
> Linux makes Irex useless.

Wouldn't Linux have the same affect on D'bridge then? Razz
--
digital man

Sling Blade quote #4:
Doyle: wimpy-ass kids or mental retards.. she got one of each livin' with her.

From: Nick Andre (1:229/426)
To: All
Date: Sat, 24.07.21 23:28
Re: Internet Rex last coda
On 24 Jul 21 20:15:12, Rob Swindell said the following to Nick Andre:

> Linux makes Irex useless.
RS>
RS> Wouldn't Linux have the same affect on D'bridge then? Razz

Blasphemy... D'Bridge makes everything else useless.

And has more cowbell than Mystic.

I await the upcoming Synchronet 10 Sharks With Freakin' Lazers Edition.

Nick
--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Utopian Galt (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Sat, 24.07.21 18:09
Re: Internet Rex last coda
BY: Rob Swindell(1:103/705)

RS> You think that BinkIT makes irex useless?
RS> --
Thats why I stopped recieving fidonet from my feed in my winserver bbs and had
to recieve fidonet via my wwiv bbs.

Yes, its a long term issue Sad

From: Rob Swindell (1:103/705)
To: All
Date: Tue, 10.08.21 15:50
Re: Internet Rex last coda
Re: Re: Internet Rex last coda
By: Utopian Galt to Rob Swindell on Sat Jul 24 2021 06:09 pm

> BY: Rob Swindell(1:103/705)
>

> RS> You think that BinkIT makes irex useless?

> Thats why I stopped recieving fidonet from my feed in my winserver bbs and
> had to recieve fidonet via my wwiv bbs.
>
> Yes, its a long term issue Sad

There have been specific work-arounds implemented in BinkIT to accommodate bugs
in IRex. Perhaps your feed was just using an old version.
--
digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #22:
DOCSIS = Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: All
Date: Wed, 11.08.21 09:47
Re: Internet Rex last coda
-=> Rob Swindell wrote to Utopian Galt <=-

> Thats why I stopped recieving fidonet from my feed in my winserver bbs and
> had to recieve fidonet via my wwiv bbs.
>
> Yes, its a long term issue Sad

RS> There have been specific work-arounds implemented in BinkIT to
RS> accommodate bugs in IRex. Perhaps your feed was just using an old
RS> version.

[poindexter joins chat...]

Matt, I think you were private when running irex, never heard of any issues.
I'd run irex in transx mode for one of the nodes in R10 and had a handful of
nodes using irex when I first started out with Radius. I've got one or two
now that are transferring without issue.

If you're inclined to test it out, I can set you up with another node
number. I'm running a newer version of Binkit, usually upgrade every 2-3
months at least.

... A closed system lacks the ability to renew itself.

From: Rob Swindell (1:103/705)
To: All
Date: Fri, 03.12.21 12:36
RE: Internet Rex last coda
Re: RE: Internet Rex last coda
By: Scott Styles to Robert Wolfe on Sat Nov 13 2021 09:38 pm

> I know that iRex 2.31 does not play nice with Synchronet, but 2.29 is fine.

As I posted earlier:
There have been specific work-arounds implemented in BinkIT (the FTN mailer
that comes with Synchronet) to accommodate bugs in IRex.
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #76:
SSL = Secure Sockets Layer (precursor to TLS)