Fidonet Portal

From: Election Coordinator (2:2/20)
To: All
Date: Wed, 30.11.11 17:36
Vote

On Wednesday November 30 2011 10:59, you wrote to Dallas Hinton:

DH>> REC17

BF> I see.

BF> Point of order:

BF> I challenge the right for this person to vote, since he has not
BF> recognised EP1, and therefore can not even exist since there is no
BF> policy giving him any right to exist.

Overruled.

While you have valid point regarding REC's not having a mandate backed up by
policy, in those parts of FidoNet where EP1 or a similar echomail policy is not
in force, there is more to FidoNet than just policy.

There is also tradition, precedent and unwritten rules. With or without policy,
*ECs have existed in FidoNet. Z1 RECs have been allowed to vote in previous
FTSC elections and the rules have not change since then.

Dallas Hinton is listed as 1:17/2 with "RC17_Assistant_and_REC" in the system
name field and I therefore accept that RC17 backs up his mandate as REC17. His
vote is accepted.

Michiel van der Vlist
Election Coordinator

--- GoldED+/W32-MINGW 1.1.5-b20070503