Fidonet Portal

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/400)
To: All
Date: Thu, 28.06.12 15:33
Earth or the Earth

From: "alexander koryagin"

F2EP
Hi, mark lewis! How are you?
on Thursday, 28 of June, I read your message to Roy Witt
about "Earth or the Earth"

ak>>> [...In reality, women use Chanel perfume to attract men. And men's
ak>>> cheap cologne attracts women]

RW>>> ...Women use Chanel perfume to attract, while women succumb to
RW>>> ...cheap men's cologne.

ml>> "cheap men" or "cheap cologne"?
RW>> "men's" implys ownership...

IMHO "men's" can serve as an adjective.

ml> yes and "cheap" can be a modifier of "men" or "cologne"...

ml>> Women use Chanel to attract but succumb to men's cheap cologne.

RW>> Both your and my versions are correct...

ml> and mine is short enough to make a tagline from ;)

Here is another variant, which IMHO smoother:
Women spend heaps of money buying Chanel, but finally succumb to cheap colone.

[...My smiler has temporarily broken]
Bye mark!
Alexander (yAlexKo[]yandex.ru) + 2:5020/2140.91
fido7.english-tutor 2012

--- ifmail v.2.15dev5.4
* Origin: Demos online service (2:5020/400)