Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:387/22)
To: All
Date: Thu, 28.06.12 05:50
Earth or the Earth
28 Jun 12 13:33, alexander koryagin wrote to mark lewis:

ak>>>> [...In reality, women use Chanel perfume to attract men. And men's
ak>>>> cheap cologne attracts women]

ml>>> "cheap men" or "cheap cologne"?
RW>>> "men's" implys ownership...

ak> IMHO "men's" can serve as an adjective.

ml>> yes and "cheap" can be a modifier of "men" or "cologne"...

ml>>> Women use Chanel to attract but succumb to men's cheap cologne.

RW>>> Both your and my versions are correct...

ml>> and mine is short enough to make a tagline from ;)

ak> Here is another variant, which IMHO smoother:
ak> Women spend heaps of money buying Chanel, but finally succumb to
ak> cheap colone.

I prefer to think of it as: Women spend large amounts of money buying
Chanel, but finally succumb to buying cheap cologne instead.

Note that perfum is made up of 20% to 40% oil and the rest is an essence.

Note also that cologne is only 3% to 9% oil and the rest is essence and
alcohol.

Men don't have the desire to 'stink' as long as nor as pretty as women,
thus they use cologne. It is also cheaper because it doesn't contain the
high percentage of oils.

The oil content of perfum makes the fragrance last longer than
that of cologne.

R\%/itt

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000-10
* Origin: Roiz Flying \A/ Service * South Texas * USA * (1:387/22)