Fidonet Portal

From: Roger Nelson (1:3828/7)
To: All
Date: Wed, 27.06.12 09:38
Earth or the Earth
On Mon Sep-26-1994 15:06, Roy Witt (1:387/22) wrote to mark lewis:

RW> 24 Jun 12 19:24, mark lewis wrote to Roy Witt:

ak>>> [...In reality, women use Chanel perfume to attract men. And men's
ak>>> cheap cologne attracts women]

RW>>> ...Women use Chanel perfume to attract, while women succumb to
RW>>> ...cheap men's cologne.

ml>> "cheap men" or "cheap cologne"?

RW>> "men's" implys ownership...

ml> yes and "cheap" can be a modifier of "men" or "cologne"...

RW> In this case, because the ('Wink implies ownership, cheap doesn't
RW> modify men's, it modifys cologne. How about; 'expensive men's
RW> cologne'

RW> Are men expensive or is the cologne expensive?

RW> He bought some expensive men's cologne!

ml>> Women use Chanel to attract but succumb to men's cheap cologne.

RW>> Both your and my versions are correct...
RW>> [...]

You're both wrong. Men are high-maintenance. (-:

Regards,

Roger
--- timEd/386 1.10.y2k+
* Origin: NCS BBS - Houma, LA - (1:3828/7)