Fidonet Portal

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/400)
To: All
Date: Thu, 21.06.12 17:53
Earth or the Earth
processed: spam filter heuristic analysis disabled)

From: "alexander koryagin"

F2EP
Hi, mark lewis! How are you?
on Thursday, 21 of June, I read your message to alexander koryagin
about "Earth or the Earth"

ak>> Quite often I see that people call this planet "Earth", whereas I read
ak>> it must be called "the Earth". Maybe there is a rule?

ml> Earth is the name... the earth is what it is...

ml> try substituting another planet in place of earth and see how it comes
ml> out ;)

ml> eg: Quite often I see that people call this planet "Mars", whereas I
ml> read it must be called "the Mars". Maybe there is a rule?

Well... Suppose we make an ecological ogranization. For instance:
http://www.foe.org/news/news-releases/2012-06-nuclear-watchdog-petitions-nrc-to-
require-san-onofre-relicensing
=========Beginning of the citation==============
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Friends of the Earth today filed a legal petition to require
the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission to keep the crippled reactors at the San
Onofre Nuclear Generating Station shut down until and unless their operator,
Southern California Edison, obtains a license amendment.
=========The end of the citation================

Or NACA writes:
http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_earth.html#birth
=========Beginning of the citation==============
Earth's Birth
How was our planet born?

The Earth was born about 4 and a half billion years ago, at the same time the
whole solar system (the Sun, Earth, and other planets) formed. An enormous
cloud of gas started to get smaller and smaller as the gas particles attracted
each other with gravity. Most of the gas went to the center of the solar system
and formed the Sun, but several other pieces spinning about the Sun solidified
into the planets, including the Earth.
=========The end of the citation================

So, your rule is quite controversial.

[...In reality, women use Chanel perfume to attract men. And men's cheap
cologne attracts women]
Bye mark!
Alexander (yAlexKo[]yandex.ru) + 2:5020/2140.91
fido7.english-tutor 2012

--- ifmail v.2.15dev5.4
* Origin: Demos online service (2:5020/400)