Fidonet Portal

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/400)
To: All
Date: Wed, 20.06.12 11:26
Earth or the Earth
processed: spam filter heuristic analysis disabled)

From: "alexander koryagin"

Hello, All!

I am very glag that there are some people here. Seizing an opportunity, I am
cooking another question: ;)

Quite often I see that people call this planet "Earth", whereas I read it must
be called "the Earth". Maybe there is a rule?

For instance:
http://www.space.com/15822-planet-edge-solar-system.html
=========Beginning of the citation==============
However, when Gomes ran the same calculations with the addition of the
gravitational pull of a massive planet at the outskirts of the solar system,
Sedna and the other anomalous objects' expected orbits fell in line with
observations. The unseen planet would be too far away to perceptibly perturb
the motions of Earth and the other inner planets, but close enough to the
scattered disc objects to sway them.
=========The end of the citation================

Bye All!
Alexander (yAlexKo[]yandex.ru) + 2:5020/2140.91
fido7.english-tutor 2012

--- ifmail v.2.15dev5.4
* Origin: Demos online service (2:5020/400)