Fidonet Portal

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 30.05.19 20:46
Anyone?
Charles,

CS> DS> Reminds me of the joke where the grandma says that putting birth
CS> DS> control medicine in her daughter's morning orange juice, helps her slee
CS> DS> better at night.

CS>Wish they had birth control for men (in Pill form), I would have done that t
CS>my oldest son. In his earlier years, he liked playing Russian Roulette with
CS>females.. >Sad

Not a good idea. Nowdays, no telling what you might pick up...and for
many of those STD's, there is no cure.

I never had any kids myself...and my late wife didn't want any.
However, we had a son...a dachshund...who was truly an S.O.B. -- and he
acted like one, too.

When I was 20, I caught the chicken pox from my brother, who caught it
from his first wife's kids. His case was mild...mine was so severe that
it put me in the hospital for a week...and out of work at Burger King,
and out of college at the University Of Arkansas At Little Rock for 2
months, by order of the health department.

It was as if someone dropped me into a huge barrel of itching powder,
and closed the lid. Top to bottom...front to back...including my
genitals and buttocks...were COVERED in the pox!! It nearly went into
encephalitis, and it could've killed me...it likely sterlized me. Folks
coming in to visit me had to put on surgical gear to protect themselves.
The doctor said it was the worst case he had ever seen. I had to take
NASTY oatmeal baths, and swore I'd never eat it again.

But, when I had to have all my teeth removed in 2000 (I've worn full
dentures for nearly 20 years now), the diet of oatmeal, scrambled eggs,
mashed potatoes, ice cream, etc. got old in a hurry, as I had to "gum
everything" until the swelling went down. But, the pain wasn't the worst
part after that (I only took 1 pain pill)...it was the bleeding. And, I
looked like I was a squirrel gathering nuts for winter.

The first dentures I got lasted 9 years, but then when I was told to
get them redone or relined would cost almost $2000, I went to
"Affordable Dentures", and got a full upper and lower pair for just over
$400. They have fit SO PERFECTLY, that I haven't had to use one drop of
Fixodent, PoliGrip, etc. So, I have my own set of "falsies".

Then, I was working in silkscreen printing for nearly 20 years, and
likely absorbed a lot of the solvents, especially methyl-ethyl-ketone.
Combined with the severe chicken pox (I now have the shingles virus
inside of me, but have had a shot for it), and the M.E.K., I didn't want
to put a potential fetus at risk for birth defects.

So, as my late wife so eloquently put it, "They wouldn't spay me, so
he volunteered to get neutered". As the team of Bowser and Blue noted in
their song "My Vasectomy"...just like on a Christmas Tree, the balls are
just there for decoration. Razz

Daryl

===

--- SBBSecho 3.07-Win32
* Origin: FIDONet: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)