Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Beck (1:229/426.36)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 11.10.18 11:36
572B usage in an 811A
Hi there,

I am looking for advice on something I am doing right now with my Ameritron
AL-811H amp.

The 572 two 572B tube I had new dropped down in power to 300 Watts.

DX Engineering will be sending new tubes.

Currently, I measured the plate current on each tube in the amp.

I found the following currents of what I put in the amp to achive just 500
watts.

600 ma
150 ma
85 ma
75 ma

Now, my question is if One of the tubes fails, can it damage my amp.

What is my worst case scenario here?

I think I might keep these tubes in it until the power drops and then out the
new ones in.

73,
Alan
VY2XU

--- WinPoint Beta 5 (359.1)
* Origin: Original WinPoint Origin! (1:229/426.36)