Fidonet Portal

From: Michiel van der Vlist (2:280/5555)
To: All
Date: Sun, 26.12.10 15:20
The inhumane conditions of Bradley Manning's detention
Hello Janis,

On Friday December 24 2010 11:51, you wrote to me:

>> say this side of the pond, Rome and Athens were not build in one day.

JK> While I agree that drastic change takes time, you have to understand
JK> the kind of middle-of-the-road President Mr. Obama is..

To you he may be middle-of-the-road, we here say, he is much better than Bush,
but keep in mind, he is still an American. Obama if far more to the right than
any right wing politician here.

JK> health care plan.. "the Right Wing" plan.. And you'll hear republicans
JK> like Ross go on forever about how "Obama's" health care plan sucks Smile

It seems they just don't want _any_ health care plan whatsoever. I do not
understand it, the US is the only "civilised" country in the world that does
not have a decent health care plan. But then there is a lot in this world that
I do not understand...

>> I say it will take much more than four years to undo the mess that
>> Bush has made. Eight years won't do either.

JK> I know. I guess I just get so pissed at politics in this country. I
JK> think we need a revolution haha

Be careful what you wish for...

>> Or maybe the US people were not ready for a black president after
>> all....

JK> Could be, but I don't think that has to do with it, really. Given the
JK> number of votes Mr. Obama got...

He got a lot of votes in the presidential election, but apparently his voters
were not all that persistent, as many of them did not go vote again in
November.

>> But now we have wikileaks... ;-)

JK> Yes, a very good thing.

And it is only be the beginning...