Fidonet Portal

From: Ross Cassell (1:123/456)
To: All
Date: Fri, 24.12.10 22:55
The inhumane conditions of Bradley Manning's detention
Hello Janis!

24 Dec 10 20:48, you wrote to me:

>>> While I agree that drastic change takes time, you have to
>>> understand the kind of middle-of-the-road President Mr. Obama is..

>> By saying this, you are revealing how far off to the left you really
>> are... Smile
>> Smile Smile

JK> Lol, c'mon, you are admitting you are so far right that obama's
JK> middle-of-the road seems like far-left to you Smile Smile And YES, I am
JK> that far-left Smile

I aint that far right, but for you to say Obama is moderate is insane.

JK> The congress in this country has a GREAT gov't supplied insurance
JK> plan, btw.

535 People Janis.

>>> Yes, a very good thing.

>> Are you sure, what if some institution leaks your personal
>> information and Assange thinks it should be published?

JK> Ha - take it to a place which is unlikely to happen, that makes sense.

You disregarded the other point I made about the govt going to extreme measures
to keep its secrets because of this, Assange wont force any govt to keep less
secrets..

I will go as far as to predict that in any effort to maintain secrecy, the govt
would withhold information from some whom would have a legitimate need to
know..

JK> Anyway, I must be about the most public person on earth Lol.. Since
JK> 1994, when we started the filegate, my name, address and phone # have
JK> been on the web.. in one place or another.

Yet, you fled Facebook..

>> Unfortunately, WIKILEAKS is gonna have to live off that which does
>> leak, he will not force govt to be as transparent as your dreams
>> seem to suggest.

JK> Time will tell.

You are naive, perhaps too many sugar cubes in the 60's.. ;-)

>> Of course maybe it is your desire that WIKILEAKS pass on the radio
>> frequencies encryption codes and keys, that are used to communicate
>> with our military out in the field and at sea, and other type of
>> stuff that should remain secret..

JK> That's right, push this to the extreme. That's one way to avoid a
JK> discussion .

Have to go to the extreme when dealing with extremists.. ;-)

>> You feel BOA should not have cut WIKILEAKS off, now if you found out
>> the First National Bank of Windsor was doing business with NAMBLA,
>> just what would your position be?

JK> My bank is HSBC, an International Bank. If they cut off Wikileaks,
JK> I'd probably dump them But given the international nature of my
JK> bank, I doubt they'd be such jerks

Answer the question in the spirit it was asked, you dont have to be literal..

If your international bank refused to stop doing business with NAMBLA, what
would your position be?

==
Ross
Fidonet Feeds Or Fidonet In Your Newsreader: http://www.easternstar.info
E-mail: ross(at)cassell(dot)us | Other Places: http://links.cassell.us

We hoped and we got change!

... The Surgeon General warns that being a Democrat is hazardous to society.
--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20060121
* Origin: The Eastern Star - Spartanburg, SC USA (1:123/456)