Fidonet Portal

From: James Maddeaux (1:135/369)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 20.02.19 12:34
Linux Echoooe!
So assuming this Echo is dead, as I haven't seen any new messages! Anyone out
there?!??! Interested in any CentOS Users, lets chat!

* Origin: Black Flag blackflagbbs.com (1:135/369)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 20.02.19 23:10
Re: Linux Echoooe!
Hi James,

On 2019-02-20 11:34:09, you wrote to All:

JM> So assuming this Echo is dead, as I haven't seen any new messages!
JM> Anyone out there?!??! Interested in any CentOS Users, lets chat!

OpenSUSE here... ;)

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
* Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)

From: Tony Langdon (3:633/410)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 21.02.19 08:41
Re: Linux Echoooe!
-=> On 02-20-19 11:34, James Maddeaux wrote to All So assuming this Echo is dead, as I haven't seen any new messages!
JM> Anyone out there?!??! Interested in any CentOS Users, lets chat!

You just woke up the lurkers. Very Happy

I run mostly Debian based distros these days, though I still have one VPS
running CentOS.

... Micro$oft: How much money is left in your wallet today?
=== MultiMail/Win v0.51
--- SBBSecho 3.03-Linux
* Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (3:633/410)

From: James Maddeaux (1:226/70)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 21.02.19 01:14
Re: Linux Echoooe!
Re: Re: Linux Echoooe!
By: Tony Langdon to James Maddeaux on Thu Feb 21 2019 07:41 am

TL> You just woke up the lurkers. Very Happy
Well I'm glad I did! I've been watching this Echoe for while and figured hey
why not make a post!

TL> I run mostly Debian based distros these days, though I still have one VPS
TL> running CentOS.

Sadly all my VPS Servers are a thing of the past since I shut down my website.
=) But CentOS Was my favorite over the years!
--- SBBSecho 3.00-Win32
* Origin: The Basement Theory - Sciotoville, Ohio USA (1:226/70)

From: Tony Langdon (3:633/410)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 22.02.19 16:14
Re: Linux Echoooe!
-=> On 02-21-19 00:14, James Maddeaux wrote to Tony Langdon Well I'm glad I did! I've been watching this Echoe for while and
JM> figured hey why not make a post!

Always a good idea! Smile

TL> I run mostly Debian based distros these days, though I still have one VPS
TL> running CentOS.

JM> Sadly all my VPS Servers are a thing of the past since I shut down my
JM> website. =) But CentOS Was my favorite over the years!

I prefer the Debian family now, but was a CentOS user for many years.

... I used to get high on life but lately I've built up a resistance.

From: Tony Langdon (3:633/410)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 22.02.19 16:17
Re: Linux Echoooe!
-=> On 02-21-19 00:11, James Maddeaux wrote to Richard Menedetter I am also out here.
RM> But I am a Debian user ;)
JM> Hiya Richard! Woohoo there are people out there! I've never used
JM> Debian, is it a steep learning curve if you've used Slackware / Redhat
JM> before?

There are similarities (it is Linux, afterall!Wink, and there are difference in
how each major family does things, especially administration, package
management and the like. So a small learning curve, more about some specific
things, nothing like learning Linux from scratch though.

... Respect is a rational process. McCoy, The Galileo Seven, stardate 2822.3.

From: Tony Langdon (3:633/410)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 22.02.19 16:17
Re: Linux Echoooe!
-=> On 02-21-19 00:16, James Maddeaux wrote to Maurice Kinal Hhaha Wow they really are coming out of the woodwork since my post,
JM> glad to see people are still out there and Fido is Alive and well! =)

Sometimes that's all it takes. Smile

From: Tony Langdon (3:633/410)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 22.02.19 19:23
Re: Linux Echoooe!
-=> On 02-21-19 12:57, Richard Menedetter wrote to James Maddeaux For ones where you want to have a GUI you can try the debian based
RM> Ubuntu.

I use Mint and Lubuntu for those. Both are Debian based.

... All real programs contain errors.

From: Tony Langdon (3:633/410)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 23.02.19 07:34
Re: Linux Echoooe!
-=> On 02-22-19 21:11, Paul Quinn wrote to Tony Langdon Give the newer Budgie a test drive. This arvo I installed a new toy in

Never heard of that one. Smile

PQ> VirtualBox in lieu of Lubuntu, just for a giggle. The bloody thing
PQ> just flies at the end of my mouse, and, this is on my stock eight
PQ> year-old Dell Inspiron.

Sounds pretty impressive.

... I am NOT burned out - just singed a little!

From: Ben Ritchey (1:393/68)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 02.03.19 21:38
Re: Linux Echoooe!
* An ongoing debate between James Maddeaux and All rages on ...

JM> So assuming this Echo is dead, as I haven't seen any new messages!
JM> Anyone out there?!??! Interested in any CentOS Users, lets chat!

I like to think of Tuxpower as dormant, not dead {chuckle}. Any/all Unix/Linux
variants and the scripting applicable to each is on topic here.

.- Keep the faith, --------------------------------------------------.
| |
| Ben aka cMech Web: http|ftp|binkp|telnet|ssh://cmech.dynip.com |
| |
| vvvvvv Email: fido4cmechSPAM(at)lusfiberBLOCK.net |
| { O O } Home page: http://cmech.dynip.com/homepage/ |

... Buggery is boring. Incest relatively boring. Necrophilia dead boring.
--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC v1.1.5-g20180902 +Mystic 1.12 pa43/W32 2019/02/17 17:02:07
* Origin: FIDONet - The Positronium Repository (1:393/68)