Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Webb (1:116/901)
To: All
Date: Wed, 07.12.11 01:41
T h e F i d o G a z e t t e! Vol 5 No 19 Articles Hatch with Replac
HI Janis,

On Tue 2011-Dec-06 14:18, Janis Kracht (1:261/38) wrote to Richard Webb:

JK> Habits like that from Max are still with me While BBBS doesn't
JK> use an ascii file for all of it's setup, it does use one for things
JK> that change "often" (like downlinks, passwords, file areas, and some
JK> others things).. kind of strange, but it is easier that way.

Always easiest, and if you really want to do some
legerdemain you can even modify them on the fly from remote.

>Wish it had ben out there
> when I was running a busy hub and looking for something that was 4d aware.
> SEal works, for both areafix and file area
> management, but it's too menu driven for my liking.

JK> Ah - another one I'd never set up or used.

I took a good long look at it, I wanted fully functional
areafix and 4d tic support, but I found another areafix that worked with squish
bases and was text file configured, so I
still just forgot tic areas for 4d points and did things
with batch files to send nodediffs and the like to them,
without a *.tic file.

I think the only thing I lost by using the other areafix
over seal was no autoforwarding of requests, but I fixed
that by having areafix messages kept and forwarded to my
point so I could then manually request them for a downlink.
. Sqafix didn't exist then either.

Regards,
Richard
---