Fidonet Portal

From: Jason Bock (1:267/310)
To: All
Date: Fri, 20.11.20 15:37
I may have it working with events so far.
I may have my issue with InternetREX not sending packets fixed by setting an
event to run a -send every 30 minutes. Next I need to get the Synchronet
semaphores lined up with InternetREX.....

Strange.... lol

-Jason
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: SiliconUnderground - Rochester, NY - siliconu.com (1:267/310)

From: robert wolfe (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Mon, 11.01.21 16:16
Re: I may have it working with events so far.
On 20 Nov 2020, Jason Bock said the following...

JB> > I may have my issue with InternetREX not sending packets fixed by setti
JB> > event to run a -send every 30 minutes. Next I need to get the Synchron
JB> > semaphores lined up with InternetREX.....
JB> >
JB> > Strange.... lol
JB> >
JB> > -Jason
JB>
JB> It is working with Netmail I am sending to my uplink (.out files)...
JB> Notpackets with .flo files.

You might want to ask what mailer BinkIT emultates (binkleyterm, frontdoor,
etc) and set the settings in Internet Rex accordingly.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/01/05 (Linux/64)
* Origin: Omicron Theta * Horn Lake MS * linux.winserver.org (1:116/18)

From: ib joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Tue, 12.01.21 09:26
Re: I may have it working with events so far.
On 11 Jan 2021, Robert Wolfe said the following...
RW> JB> It is working with Netmail I am sending to my uplink (.out files)...
RW> JB> Notpackets with .flo files.
RW> JB>
RW>
RW> You might want to ask what mailer BinkIT emultates (binkleyterm,
RW> frontdoor, etc) and set the settings in Internet Rex accordingly.
RW>
RW> --- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/01/05 (Linux/64)

Binkit is a script file created by Digital Man, et. al., specific to call out
to other systems as a "Node Only"... it does not host any sessions, only
calls out. Whatever protocols binkp has it uses... So, it should talk to any
system that hosat a binkp mail system.

IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's BBS
-=JoesBBS.com=-

* Origin: JoesBBS.com, Telnet:2323 SSH:2222 HTTP:80 (1:342/201)

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: All
Date: Tue, 12.01.21 09:15
Re: I may have it working with events so far.
Re: Re: I may have it working with events so far.
By: IB Joe to Robert Wolfe on Tue Jan 12 2021 09:26 am

IJ> it does not host any sessions, only calls out. Whatever protocols binkp
has it uses... So, it should talk

You can also add a binkp listener in your services.ini so BinkIT will also
listen for incoming calls. It's a complete binkp mailer.

Ttyl Smile,
Al

... Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
--- SBBSecho 3.12-Linux

From: ib joe (1:342/201)
To: All
Date: Tue, 12.01.21 11:43
Re: I may have it working with events so far.
On 12 Jan 2021, Alan Ianson said the following...

AI> Re: Re: I may have it working with events so far.
AI> By: IB Joe to Robert Wolfe on Tue Jan 12 2021 09:26 am
AI>
AI> IJ> it does not host any sessions, only calls out. Whatever protocols bin
AI> has it uses... So, it should talk
AI>
AI> You can also add a binkp listener in your services.ini so BinkIT will
AI> also listen for incoming calls. It's a complete binkp mailer.

Joe did not know about the listener part of the app... I did play with the
sending aspect while it was bring written. DM apparently has thought of
everything.

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12)
To: All
Date: Tue, 12.01.21 18:03
Re: I may have it working with events so far.
Re: Re: I may have it working with events so far.
By: IB Joe to Robert Wolfe on Tue Jan 12 2021 09:26:00

> specific to call out to other systems as a "Node Only"... it does not
> host any sessions, only calls out.

ummm... i hope i'm misreading this... you can easily call into a binkit system
just like calling in to any other FTN system with a running mailer...

> Whatever protocols binkp has it uses... So, it should talk to any
> system that hosat a binkp mail system.

this is correct...

)\/(ark
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR (1:3634/12)