Fidonet Portal

From: Dallas Hinton (1:153/715)
To: All
Date: Sun, 12.07.20 14:09
Daemon Mode
Hi Robert -- on Jul 13 2020 at 00:00, you wrote:

RW> Javing an issue here when Intern Rex is not starting in daemon mode
RW> like it is supposed to. I just get the top line of the screen, with
RW> my BBS name and then nothing else. Internet Rex just hangs. This
RW> happens with both the Windows version and the OS/2 version.

I have that happen from time to time -- the only cure I've found is to
replace all *.rex files from backup, erase the queue and hold
directories, and hope for the best. Oh, and be sure to run the config
(rexcfgw.exe) and open/close every menu -- then say Yes to saving
changes.

Good luck!!

Cheers... Dallas

--- timEd/NT 1.30+
* Origin: The BandMaster, Vancouver, CANADA (1:153/715)

From: MATT MUNSON (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Tue, 14.07.20 17:37
Re: Daemon Mode
RE: Re: Daemon Mode
BY: Dallas Hinton(1:153/715)

DH> I know - it's the most fragile program I've got!! (apart from Windows
DH> itself!Wink
Hope another viable alternative happens. Im even willing to pay 30-40 for a
decent program.

--- WWIV 5.5development
* Origin: Inland Utopia BBS * utopiabbs.duckdns.org:23 (1:218/109)

From: MATT MUNSON (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Sat, 25.07.20 13:52
Re: Daemon Mode
RE: Re: Daemon Mode
BY: Dallas Hinton(1:153/715)

Version 2.31
------------

! only the first 32K of message headers are scanned when applying rules
- fix updating of bundle counters for compressed mail
- make Rex more resistent to miscompiled nodelists
- Rex wasn't correctly removing local copies of files when MIRRORing an
FTP directory
- change reporting an M_ERR during file receive as an unexpected command
to an error
- request CRC and MD5 mode on connection for BinkP server
- DOS style T-Mail fileboxes for points weren't being properly read
- numbered packed archives under Linux weren't getting named properly
- POP3 logins could return invalid strings when no local hostname was
configured under OS/2
- CAPA sent before login gave a spurious CAPA response in the POP3 server
- Rexcfg was crashing when configuring new newsgroups with no email addresses
setup

Version 2.30
------------
! There is *no*... version 2.30.

--- WWIV 5.5.0.3170
* Origin: Inland Utopia BBS * utopiabbs.duckdns.org:23 (1:218/109)

From: Benny Pedersen (2:230/0)
To: All
Date: Mon, 17.08.20 19:50
Re: Daemon Mode
Hello Matt!

14 Jul 2020 17:37, Matt Munson wrote to Dallas Hinton:

DH>> I know - it's the most fragile program I've got!! (apart from Windows
DH>> itself!Wink
MM> Hope another viable alternative happens. Im even willing to pay 30-40
MM> for a decent program.

binkd is gui less, no need to pay

Regards Benny

... there can only be one way of life, and it works Smile

--- Msged/LNX 6.1.2 (Linux/5.8.1-gentoo-x86_64 (x86_64)Wink
* Origin: I will always keep a PC running CPM 3.0 (2:230/0)

From: Erich B. (1:103/705)
To: All
Date: Wed, 02.09.20 03:27
Re: Daemon Mode
> RE: Re: Daemon Mode
> BY: Erich B.(1:103/705)

> I am hoping for an alternative to Internet rex. Maybe Intermail 3.0 will
> happen Smile

> --- WWIV 5.5.0.3247
> * Origin: Inland Utopia BBS * iutopia.duckdns.org:23 (1:218/109)

If someone decides to start development again but I highly doubt it though.
They might as well update Frontdoor as well then too to coincide with the
times.

$ The Millionaire $

..."Will we ever fear the ecstasy of free thought?" - Thinkman...
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)

From: Utopian Galt (1:218/109)
To: All
Date: Wed, 02.09.20 18:25
Re: Daemon Mode
RE: Re: Daemon Mode
BY: Erich B.(1:103/705)

EB> If someone decides to start development again but I highly doubt it
EB> though.
EB> They might as well update Frontdoor as well then too to coincide with
EB> the
EB> times.
Many of the developers are doing it out of goodwill and want to have a good
coda to the bbs era, I am open to giving a 25-50 buck donation if the product
is kick arse Smile