Fidonet Portal

From: Kees van Eeten (2:280/5003.4)
To: All
Date: Wed, 16.01.13 20:44
Lies, damned lies and statistics
Hello Janis!

15 Jan 13 11:37, you wrote to me:

JK> Malcolm Miles wrote his own version of MakeNl to take care of the problems
JK> with MakeNL IIRC. I'm sure Scott can fill in more details if he likes.

Yes he did.

JK> Z4C sends an updated segment each week or at the least he has in the last
JK> several weeks. FYI, He connects here every hour.

I take your word for it, its in your logfiles.
Does he respond, if you send him a mail?

>> Time for the sysops of fidonet to wait for the implementation of
>> -Unpublished- without the Pvt tag: eternal.

JK> Possibly, but I don't think so. I believe Manuel has probably updated his
JK> makenl.

Can you please make shure. Just to end the controversity.

>> Wasted time of the developers of makenl_ng: ?????

JK> RCs who've updated to Makenl_NG in Zone 1:

JK> Region: MakeNl_NG updated:
JK> 10........................... X
JK> 11........................... X
JK> 12........................... X
JK> 13...........................
JK> 14........................... X
JK> 15........................... X
JK> 16........................... X
JK> 17...........................
JK> 18........................... X
JK> 19........................... X

JK> R13C will be updating this week and I'm sure R17C will do so shortly.

That looks promising.

JK> I don't know how Z2 is doing with RC updates or how Z2 network Cs are
JK> doing. Zone 1 RCs are preparing reports of NC updates.

Neither do I know, but in my view, it does not really matter.
The use of the option has to be enabled from the top.
But the ZC's have to enable the option simultanously, otherwise
the composite file cannot be built.

An RC who has no IP only nodes can, remain using what he has used before,
And to be true, one can produce a fully legal region segment without
the use of makenl. It is up to the person producing the segment, what
tools he/she uses.

Kees

--- FPD v2.9.040207 GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: My views are moderated by a virtual Penguin (2:280/5003.4)