Fidonet Portal

From: Kees van Eeten (2:280/5003.4)
To: All
Date: Wed, 16.01.13 16:00
Lies, damned lies and statistics
Hello Scott!

16 Jan 13 16:56, you wrote to me:

SL> I've been using it as N712C since 2008-04-08 and as Z3C since 2010-02-10.
SL> I don't know when Malcolm switched.

Thanks for the update.

SL> This has been possible within Z3 since at least 2005-08-28. Both Malcolm
SL> and myself used scripts to convert between the domestic and international
SL> formats. Outgoing ZONE3 segments have the Pvt flag reinstated, incoming
SL> zone segments have it removed, as well as replacing all forms of fake
SL> phone numbers with -Unpublished-.

That is a pragmatic solution, I started doing somthing similar, but I am
only a nodelist user.

KE>> Wasted time of the developers of makenl_ng: ?????

SL> The simple solution would be to use scripts to send backwards compatible
SL> versions of each zone segment to Z4C, while everyone else uses the modern
SL> version.

This may take some time, some ZC's use a MS-OS. Scripting there is not as
sophisticated, but it should be possible to find someone who can do the
job in C or Pascal. The last would not be my favorit.

Kees

--- FPD v2.9.040207 GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: My views are moderated by a virtual Penguin (2:280/5003.4)