Fidonet Portal

From: Kees van Eeten (2:280/5003.4)
To: All
Date: Tue, 15.01.13 15:02
Lies, damned lies and statistics
Hello All!

April 16, 1998 Release of V2.52 and probably the start of makenl_ng

Dec, 1999 Work done by Michael Karcher et al. to have working
source code for makenl_ng

July 12, 2004 - The history of Makenl_ng mentions the combination of
-Unpublished- without the Pvt tag.

May, 2007 I seen to remember that ZC1 started using makenl_ng on
a Linux system.

Dec, 2012 Again from memory ZC2 started using makenl_ng

June, 2017 ZC4 has promised that he will implement makenl_ng
RSN.

I could not find when ZC3 moved to makenl_ng, but I beleive he has.

Number of individual sysops in the current nodelist: +/- 2640
Number of individual sysops in Z4: 21 or 0.8%.

Number of ZC's that offered to assist ZC4 with implementing makenl_ng
on short term: 1.

Number of ZC's that suggested to ignore Z4: 1.

Time for the sysops of fidonet to wait for the implementation of
-Unpublished- without the Pvt tag: eternal.

Wasted time of the developers of makenl_ng: ?????

Kees

--- FPD v2.9.040207 GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: My views are moderated by a virtual Penguin (2:280/5003.4)