Fidonet Portal

From: Rick C. Hodgin (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 03.06.17 11:12
Creating an open source OS/2 kernel
From: "Rick C. Hodgin"

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 9:05:30 AM UTC-4, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
> On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 7:25:28 PM UTC-5, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
> > Does anyone know where I could go to inquire about any efforts made to
> > create an open source OS/2 kernel? TYIA!
>
> I plan on periodically updating this thread with my progress:
> http://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php/topic,983.msg9986.html#msg9986

Work has resumed on this kernel.

Thank you,
Rick C. Hodgin
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Rick C. Hodgin (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Creating an open source OS/2 kernel
From: "Rick C. Hodgin" <rick.c.hodgin@gmail.com>

I am migrating my ES/2 developer environment to a full OS/2 environment.
It will be developed from this point forward in an OS/2 Warp 4.5 native
environment on native hardware, with a second native hardware machine
used for testing the OS in stages.

My goals are to use the OS/2 developer environment to get my kernel
working and setup for rapid updates from the OS/2 machine. I want to
write all tools in my own kernel at some point, and I intend to make
a breakaway point and continue developing ES/2 in my own OS.

----
Again, I would like to invite you to come and help out on this project.
It's to be an offering of the skills God first gave us, to return them
back to Him directly, and not for money, not for fame, not for personal
glory, but because we have these interests, and we recognize all of our
abilities come from Him.

Consider: If someone gave you $10 million to build a company and some
large campus, you would begin work and invite that person to be a part
of all of your project, opening ceremonies, you'd give speeches which
include parts like, "Without so-and-so, we wouldn't be here today."
You would name a building after that person, or the whole campus even.
There would be plaques commemorating that individual, with their picture
here and there all around. The "About us..." documentation within the
company would include references to that individual's generosity. And
so on.

All I'm trying to do here with these projects of mine is give God His
proper place in my life. He made the Earth, Sun, air, trees, animals,
plants, everything, including me and you. It is desirous, and proper,
to give Him all that He is rightly due with our lives.

ES/2 is to be a ground-up open-source OS/2-like operating system. The
compilers I'm writing are ground-up open-source creations using some
familiar languages as a starting point (assembly, C, Java, Julia, and
others), but then extending them forward. And the same holds true for
apps that will be developed which are similar to other apps.

All of these are ground-up, sanctified, purposeful efforts given over
to Him acknowledging His rightful place in our lives.

Please ... look up to God. Look within your heart. And come and be
a part of this project. Let His gifts to you shine outwardly to others
in this endeavor, so that you can receive from Him the reward of your
efforts given over to Him here in this world.

--
Rick C. Hodgin
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2