Fidonet Portal

From: KIDD WICKED (46:1/125)
To: All
Date: Thu, 31.01.19 19:20
Port 25 Blocking
Well I tried to pop up an email server.. sending mail just fine but no go
on getting it. went to intodns.com to check my dns stuff and all looked
good.. found out isp blocks port 25. Figures.. Well if you ever run into this
just setup your email server to listen on port 26 and go to ghettosmtp.com
and they will port all your mail from 25 to 26 and shoot it to you for free..
too cool.. But maybe some day they will allow port entries into the zone file
so we can control this ourselves..

--- Mystic BBS v1.10 A36 (Windows)
* Origin: |10SH |022.0 |08si|02n.e|10l|153|10t|02e.c|08om|02 (46:1/125)

From: ACCESS DENIED (46:1/701)
To: All
Date: Thu, 31.01.19 19:20
Re: Port 25 Blocking
Hello Kidd,

On 22 Aug 14 09:07, Kidd Wicked wrote to All:

KW> Well I tried to pop up an email server.. sending mail just fine but
KW> no go on getting it. went to intodns.com to check my dns stuff and all
KW> looked good.. found out isp blocks port 25. Figures.. Well if you ever
KW> run into this just setup your email server to listen on port 26 and go
KW> to ghettosmtp.com and they will port all your mail from 25 to 26 and
KW> shoot it to you for free.. too cool.. But maybe some day they will
KW> allow port entries into the zone file so we can control this
KW> ourselves..

What did you end up settling on for a server software?

Thanks for the other links too, I had never heard of them!

Regards,
Nick

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20130910
* Origin: thePharcyde_ telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin) (46:1/701)

From: KIDD WICKED (46:1/125)
To: All
Date: Thu, 31.01.19 19:20
Re: Port 25 Blocking
On 08-22-14, Access Denied said the following...
AD> KW> Well I tried to pop up an email server.. sending mail just fine bu
AD> KW> no go on getting it. went to intodns.com to check my dns stuff and a
AD>
AD> What did you end up settling on for a server software?
AD>
AD> Thanks for the other links too, I had never heard of them!

I use hmailserver. It is free open source email server for windows.. seems
to work just fine.

From: POINDEXTER FORTRAN (46:1/115)
To: All
Date: Thu, 31.01.19 19:20
Re: Port 25 Blocking
-=> Kidd Wicked wrote to All <=-

KW> to ghettosmtp.com and they will port all your mail from 25 to 26 and
KW> shoot it to you for free.. too cool.. But maybe some day they will
KW> allow port entries into the zone file so we can control this
KW> ourselves..

Sounds interesting -- I'm using dnsexit.com, for a price they host my
domain on an alternate port and connect to me on it. Works like a charm,
and they have half-decent domain controls as well.