Fidonet Portal

From: Hustler (1:267/160)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 09.05.19 17:22
Anyone?
Anyone home?

Hustler

... Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the
same time.
--- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
* Origin: The Haven BBS havens.synchro.net (1:267/160)

From: TERRY ROATI (3:640/1321)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 19.05.19 15:29
RE: Anyone?
Hello Carol,

It's been awhile since we were in contact, 15+ years since I shutdown my BBS
in Manila. I called your BBS and left you a message but no reply.

I am now back in Australia and almost ready to retire and have now revived the
BBS tfb-bbs.org

Maybe the reason for the traffic in ASIAN_LINK is the moderator.

All the Best.

Terry Roati

On May 18, 2019 10:34am, Carol Shenkenberger wrote to Daryl Stout:

CS> Re: Anyone?
CS> By: Daryl Stout to HUSTLER on Tue May 14 2019 10:43 am

>> H>-> H> Anyone home?
>> H>->
>> H>-> We just won't tell you what we're doing.
>>
>> H> Well.. it's nice to see I'm not all by my lonesome
>>
>> The echoes basically are in 3 statuses:
>>
>> 1) Dead -- hardly any postings in them.
>> 2) Life Support -- kept alive by autopostings for BBS Ads, etc.
>> 3) Alive -- active with traffic.
>>
>> Daryl
>>
>> ===

CS> ASIAN_LINK is the suprise winner with lots of activity.

CS> xxcarol
CS> --- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
CS> * Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet:\\shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)

... Platinum Xpress & Wildcat!..... Nice!!!!
--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
* Origin: The File Bank BBS! (3:640/1321)

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 22.05.19 08:11
Re: Anyone?
-=> Daryl Stout wrote to MARK LEWIS If I end up going on a diet of bread, butter, and water (which
DS> appears likely), I'll be down there as well. I've sacrificed expenses
DS> to where I can sacrifice no more...and the other bills are devouring
DS> the grocery budget.

If you have access to youtube, there are some interesting videos
showing what you can do to cook on little $$$. "Brothers Green Eats"
had some interesting ideas - dried beans are cheap. One of their video
series was eating on 3 dollars a day, a dollar per meal.

... How does this work, is there an orientation?
--- MultiMail/XT v0.52
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 23.05.19 09:04
Re: Anyone?
Kurt,

KW>If you have access to youtube, there are some interesting videos
KW>showing what you can do to cook on little $$$. "Brothers Green Eats"
KW>had some interesting ideas - dried beans are cheap. One of their video
KW>series was eating on 3 dollars a day, a dollar per meal.

I've turned into a microwave man...I'm not much for using the stove
anymore.

Daryl

===

--- SBBSecho 3.07-Win32
* Origin: FIDONet: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)

From: Carol Shenkenberger (1:275/100)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 01.06.19 19:59
Re: Anyone?
Re: RE: Anyone?
By: TERRY ROATI to Carol Shenkenberger on Sun May 19 2019 01:29 pm

> Hello Carol,
>
> It's been awhile since we were in contact, 15+ years since I shutdown my BBS
> in Manila. I called your BBS and left you a message but no reply.
>
> I am now back in Australia and almost ready to retire and have now revived t
> BBS tfb-bbs.org
>
> Maybe the reason for the traffic in ASIAN_LINK is the moderator.
>
> All the Best.
>
> Terry Roati
>
> On May 18, 2019 10:34am, Carol Shenkenberger wrote to Daryl Stout:
>
> CS> Re: Anyone?
> CS> By: Daryl Stout to HUSTLER on Tue May 14 2019 10:43 am

> >> The echoes basically are in 3 statuses:
> >>
> >> 1) Dead -- hardly any postings in them.
> >> 2) Life Support -- kept alive by autopostings for BBS Ads, etc.
> >> 3) Alive -- active with traffic.
> >>
> >> Daryl
> >>
> >> ===

> CS> ASIAN_LINK is the suprise winner with lots of activity.
>
> CS> xxcarol
> CS> --- SBBSecho 2.11-Win32
> CS> * Origin: SHENK'S EXPRESS telnet:\\shenks.synchro.net (1:275/100)
>
> ... Platinum Xpress & Wildcat!..... Nice!!!!

Oh Terry! So good to hear from you again! I am alive and well and that call
was probably as I shifted countries to USA.