Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.3)
To: All
Date: Sat, 19.06.21 14:51
bash script
> Greetings All!

> Not sure if this is where I would ask this question or not?

This is as good a place as any. There is also the BASH and TUXPOWER areas
although they are low traffic.

> I am trying to make bash script to combine a couple of other scripts and I
> had a couple of questions. So If I make a script that performs something and
> then it calls another script, would the first script then pause until the
> called side script completes?

Something like the ability to "call" another bat file in DOS and then the
calling bat file continues with what it was doing?

I am sure there is a way to do that in bash also but even after all these years
my bash skills are less than what they could/should be.

> If not is there a way to make it wait to move forward until the
> other one completes? I hope I am describing this well for you.

I sometimes do a test for certain files and if found the script will do that
with an "if", like this..

if [ -f /usr/local/fido/dotic.now ]; then
rm /usr/local/fido/dotic.now
/usr/local/bin/htick toss
/usr/local/bin/mfreq-index
fi

Then the script carries on with what it is doing.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757.3)