Fidonet Portal

From: Daniel Path (2:371/52)
To: All
Date: Sat, 19.06.21 21:41
bash script
Hello Rick.

19 Jun 21 11:25, you wrote to All:

RS> Greetings All!

RS> Not sure if this is where I would ask this question or not? I am
RS> trying to make bash script to combine a couple of other scripts and I
RS> had a couple of questions. So If I make a script that performs
RS> something and then it calls say another script, would the first script
RS> then pause until the called side script completes? If not is there a
RS> way to make it wait to move forward until the other one completes? I
RS> hope I am describing this well for you.

it will 'wait'.

for example the two scripts:

==== a.sh =====
#!/bin/bash
echo "a"
./b.sh
echo "c"
===============
==== b.sh =====
#!/bin/bash
echo "this is b"

danielp@getfunky:~/test$ ./a.sh
this is b

i hope this was your question Smile

Daniel

... BBS: Uptime is 01d 00h 08m 13s (BT-Uptime/OS2, V1.5)
--- GoldED+/EMX 1.1.4.7
* Origin: Roon's BBS - Budapest, HUNGARY (2:371/52)