Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Tue, 18.12.12 11:53
Someone is changing mail ...
Hello Ward,

No one that I know of has changed any intransit echomail, netmail or message,
or reposted another copy of anyone's written message without first stating
first that it was a copy of the original post, reformatted and reposted by
"him".

He did not modify any echomail messages, he created a NEW message.

Based on your warped intrepetation, one could not quote a message.

Take care,
Janis

> ... and reposting from soneone else's nodenumber ...

> How do we feel about it?

> \%/@rd

> 2.1.5 No Alteration of Routed Mail

> You may not modify, other than as required for routing or other technical
> purposes, any message, netmail or echomail, passing through the system from
> one FidoNet node to another. If you are offended by the content of a
> message, the procedure described in section 2.1.7 must be used.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Wed, 19.12.12 04:02
Re: Someone is changing mail ...
Janis,

JK> No one that I know of has changed any intransit echomail, netmail or
JK> message, or reposted another copy of anyone's written message without
JK> first stating first that it was a copy of the original post, reformatted
JK> and reposted by "him".

I prefer to contest that as Roy Witt's comment (Yes, Scott, Roy Witt ... again)
mentions he "changed" content, nothing about reformatting nor reposting ...

*** Changed by Roy Witt (1:387/22), 09 Dec 12 12:07.
"""""""
One cannot create in new form changed content ... it's a contradiction as per
his own admission.

Further ...

Date: 01 Jan 70 00:00:00
From: Election Coordinator
To: All
Subj: FTSC Election, running totals
MSGID: 2:2/20 50c4d589
* 0rigin: http://www.vlist.org (2:2/20)

I call that a deliberate falsification as the MSGID indicates the message
originates at 2:2/20 and the Origin-line also indicates the message originated
at Michiel Van der Vlist's system.

There have been times in Fidonet, I've been along too long to not remember,
when that would have been the end of Roy's participarion in Fidonet. You're too
new to even remember a single instance of ZCs cooperating as that effectively
ceased the day you took office.

You have successfully killed the cooperation and the little respect that ZCC
still had.

Enjoy the iceshelf you're sitting on, it's melting.

Take care,

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.82
* Origin: Many Glacier / Protect - Preserve - Conserve (2:292/854)