Fidonet Portal

From: Folderol (2:221/10)
To: All
Date: Wed, 22.12.21 17:04
WTF!
From: Folderol <general@musically.me.uk>

I thought this newsgroup was a technical forum connected with a novel small
computer. Various uses, ideas and problems.

It seems I was wrong, and it is in fact an extreme version of UK politics -
combined with conspiracies-R-us.

If this is so, I'll drop the group soon and try to find one concerning said
small computer Sad

--
Basic

---
* Origin: rbb.fidonet.fi - the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/10)

From: David Taylor (2:221/10)
To: All
Date: Wed, 22.12.21 17:10
Re: WTF!
From: David Taylor <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid>

On 22/12/2021 17:04, Folderol wrote:
> I thought this newsgroup was a technical forum connected with a novel small
> computer. Various uses, ideas and problems.
>
> It seems I was wrong, and it is in fact an extreme version of UK politics -
> combined with conspiracies-R-us.
>
> If this is so, I'll drop the group soon and try to find one concerning said
> small computer Sad

My newsreader has an "Ignore thread" and "Ignore sub-thread" option.

--
Cheers,
David

---
* Origin: rbb.fidonet.fi - the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/10)

From: Ahem A Rivet's Shot (2:221/10)
To: All
Date: Wed, 22.12.21 17:46
Re: WTF!
From: Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net>

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 17:04:14 +0000
Folderol <general@musically.me.uk> wrote:

> I thought this newsgroup was a technical forum connected with a novel
> small computer. Various uses, ideas and problems.

You thought correctly.

> It seems I was wrong, and it is in fact an extreme version of UK politics
> - combined with conspiracies-R-us.

There's a lengthy crossposted thread poking it's nose in here, it
will pass. There's another thread about batteries and e-ink calendars as
applied to said small computer, and one about the threads in this newsgroup.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

---
* Origin: rbb.fidonet.fi - the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/10)

From: R.Wieser (2:221/10)
To: All
Date: Wed, 22.12.21 20:21
Re: WTF!
From: R.Wieser <address@not.available>

Folderol,

> It seems I was wrong, and it is in fact an extreme version of UK
> politics -
> combined with conspiracies-R-us.

I guess having to deal with being inside all the time due to covid makes
some people a bit barmy.

> If this is so, I'll drop the group soon and try to find one concerning
> said small computer Sad

If-and-when you find (a moderated) one let me know.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

---
* Origin: rbb.fidonet.fi - the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/10)

From: randon (2:221/10)
To: All
Date: Thu, 23.12.21 16:07
Re: WTF!
From: randon <randon@nimbulus.xyz>

On 2021-12-22 12:46 p.m., Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 17:04:14 +0000
> Folderol <general@musically.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> I thought this newsgroup was a technical forum connected with a novel
>> small computer. Various uses, ideas and problems.
>
> You thought correctly.
>
>> It seems I was wrong, and it is in fact an extreme version of UK politics
>> - combined with conspiracies-R-us.
>
> There's a lengthy crossposted thread poking it's nose in here, it
> will pass. There's another thread about batteries and e-ink calendars as
> applied to said small computer, and one about the threads in this newsgroup.

I'm curious what thread you're referring to with conspiracies and
politics. Eternal September doesn't seem to have this thread.

-Nigel

---
* Origin: rbb.fidonet.fi - the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/10)