Fidonet Portal

From: F. W. (2:221/10)
To: All
Date: Tue, 14.12.21 08:32
HDMI-Transfer via Air?
From: F. W. <me@home.com>

Hi,

can I use something to project the Raspi-Picture on a TV?

FW

---
* Origin: rbb.fidonet.fi - the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/10)

From: Chris Green (2:221/10)
To: All
Date: Tue, 14.12.21 08:41
Re: HDMI-Transfer via Air?
From: Chris Green <cl@isbd.net>

F. W. <me@home.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can I use something to project the Raspi-Picture on a TV?

An HDMI lead?

--
Chris Green
·

---
* Origin: rbb.fidonet.fi - the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/10)

From: F. W. (2:221/10)
To: All
Date: Tue, 14.12.21 12:05
Re: HDMI-Transfer via Air?
From: F. W. <me@home.com>

Am 14.12.2021 um 09:41 schrieb Chris Green:
> F. W. <me@home.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> can I use something to project the Raspi-Picture on a TV?
>>
> An HDMI lead?

What is that please? I understand the words but not the meaning (no
native englisch speaker).

FW

---
* Origin: rbb.fidonet.fi - the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/10)

From: A. Dumas (2:221/10)
To: All
Date: Tue, 14.12.21 16:11
Re: HDMI-Transfer via Air?
From: A. Dumas <alexandre@dumas.fr.invalid>

On 14-12-2021 12:05, F. W. wrote:
> Am 14.12.2021 um 09:41 schrieb Chris Green:
>> F. W. <me@home.com> wrote:
>>> can I use something to project the Raspi-Picture on a TV?
>>>
>> An HDMI lead?
>
> What is that please? I understand the words but not the meaning (no
> native englisch speaker).

A cable. Wireless HDMI is quite involved, unreliable and expensive, I
think. You need a transmitter and a receiver! One solution is to put the
Pi you'e working on near the TV and just plug it in, then use remote
desktop (VNC, which you can enable on the Pi via the configuration menu)
from another computer to work remotely. The second computer on which you
work can even be a Pi Zero.

This still seems quite involved and sub optimal, so it's probably not
what you want or what you meant.

---
* Origin: rbb.fidonet.fi - the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/10)

From: Anssi Saari (2:221/10)
To: All
Date: Tue, 14.12.21 17:40
Re: HDMI-Transfer via Air?
From: Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi>

"F. W." <me@home.com> writes:

> Am 14.12.2021 um 09:41 schrieb Chris Green:
>> F. W. <me@home.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> can I use something to project the Raspi-Picture on a TV?
>>>
>> An HDMI lead?
>>

> What is that please? I understand the words but not the meaning (no
> native englisch speaker).

I assume Chris didn't read the subject line and proposed you use an HDMI
cable while you presumably want a wireless solution.

Possibly you could put a media server like minidlna on the Pi and have
the TV play from there? Assuming a TV with networking and DLNA
support. A Chromecast might work too.

With a quick Google, looks like wireless HDMI boxes exist too. Drahtlose
HDMI suchen und so weiter.

---
* Origin: rbb.fidonet.fi - the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/10)