Fidonet Portal

From: Ardith Hinton (1:153/716)
To: All
Date: Mon, 13.02.12 01:06
BTW...
Hi, Alexander! Recently you wrote in a message to Ardith Hinton:

ak> Imho everything OK: "I was", "you were", except the
ak> first sentence, which, probably, had to be:

[...]

ak> However, probably, I should have been written "IMHO,
ak> everything is OK" ;)

I'm glad to see that when you read my quotation of the original you
noticed the inconsistency between the spelling of two acronyms within the same
sentence & added the missing verb.

Now, take a good look at "I should have been written". Seems to me
you might want to add a letter or subtract a word there... [chuckle].

--- timEd/386 1.10.y2k+
* Origin: Wits' End, Vancouver CANADA (1:153/716)

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/400)
To: All
Date: Mon, 13.02.12 18:40
Re: BTW...

processed: spam filter heuristic analysis disabled)

From: "alexander koryagin"

F2EP
Hi, Ardith Hinton! How are you?
on Monday, 13 of February, I read your messsage to alexander koryagin
about "BTW..."

ak>> Imho everything OK: "I was", "you were", except the
ak>> first sentence, which, probably, had to be:

ak>> However, probably, I should have been written "IMHO,
ak>> everything is OK" ;)

AH> I'm glad to see that when you read my quotation of the
AH> original you noticed the inconsistency between the spelling of two
AH> acronyms within the same sentence & added the missing verb.

I think that finding errors is a very useful thing. Probably, it can be as
captivating as fishing. At least fishing in Russia. Can you imagine that
some Russian people like fishing despite -20C outdoors.

AH> Now, take a good look at "I should have been written".
AH> Seems to me you might want to add a letter or subtract a word there...
AH> [chuckle].

Ah! Why on earth I put "been" there? ;-) Probably, I spend too little time
practicing my English. Otherwise, I would have written it better.

[...A creaking door hangs long on its hinges]
Bye Ardith!
Alexander (yAlexKo[]yandex.ru) + 2:5020/2140.91
fido7.english-tutor 2012

--- ifmail v.2.15dev5.4
* Origin: Demos online service (2:5020/400)