Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Sat, 18.12.10 01:46
The inhumane conditions of Bradley Manning's detention
Hi Michiel,

>> http://salon.com/a/sSiAfAA

>> "Innocent until proven guilty by a court of law"? Obviously not
>> when you are suspected of exposing the government or any of it's
>> branches.

> I think the US is finally showing its true colours. When push comes to shove
> they are no better than China.

Why do you think we have sites and publications here like Salon? or like
Atrios site? (Duncan Black, http://www.eschatonblog.com/), or Paul Krugman
(http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/).. You are wrong in thinking that the
majority of Americans think that this gov't is correct in many of it's ways Smile

> I wonder how they'll react when Assange gets the Nobel prize next year....

We'll be happy Don't count those few conservative hangers-on.. while they
may have taken over some parts of our gov't recenty, those in office deserved
what they got. Yes, action due to 'inaction'..

And as far as Assange.. Anyone who is anti-Scientoligist is a great person in
my book ...but of course he's much more than that.

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)