Date: Thu, 01.02.18 01:00
OS2REXX Echo Rules
Posting Frequency: 1st of the month.
The Official Rules of The FidoNet OS2REXX Echo
The objectives of the OS2REXX echo are:
1. To provide a forum in which messages pertaining to programming in
REXX under OS/2 can be exchanged, without the additional traffic
generated by programming in other languages.
2. To provide technical support for newcomers to programming who have
chosen REXX as their first language.
3. To allow the discussion of the more esoteric features of REXX, as
implemented under OS/2.
The rules under which messages are to be exchanged in this echo are:
0. The preferred language is English, but this is not compulsory. Since
most of the participants will be fluent in English, any problem
reports will receive the widest scrutiny if they are written in
1. Real names only. No pseudonyms, "handles", "monickers" or aliases.
2. Relevance to topic. Posts should pertain to the programming in and
use of REXX in the OS/2 environment. Other languages are on-topic if
they are being used to create REXX extension DLL's and/or REXX
subcommand handlers. Other platforms should only be discussed in the
context of their interaction with OS/2 (e.g. Client/Server) or
illustrating points via parallels in other platforms' implementation
3. Advertising. A maximum of 1 advertisement per month by the
author/publisher of software relevant to the topic of the echo will
be permitted. Other products must NOT be advertised.
4. No flaming or abusive language will be tolerated. Also, excessive
profanity is not permitted. Please remember the sensibilities of
others before you upload that QWK packet.
5. Let the moderator do the moderating. Do not reply to "test" messages
from BBSes that have just joined the echo. Do not reply to off-topic
messages or flames. These will all be dealt with by the moderator.
6. You may post uuencoded, xxencoded or base-64 encoded message only
with the prior approval of the moderator. When asking for approval
please state the approximate size of the message, its content and
usefulness to the other participants of the echo.
7. The OS/2 platform is deemed to be:
Native OS/2, both text and PM;
Virtual DOS Machine (VDM) session;
Virtual Machine Boot (VMB) session.
Any REXX program that will run under any of these conditions may be
Note that if you need advice on how to set up a VMB image you should
ask in the OS2DOS echo, not OS2REXX.
These rules will be revised, amended or appended to as needs arise.
Thanks in advance for your compliance.
David Noon - dwnoon-=at=-ntlworld.com
Moderator, FidoNet OS2REXX echo
* Origin: (1:3634/12)