Fidonet Portal

From: Ed Vance (1:2320/105)
To: All
Date: Wed, 17.10.12 00:18
Re: New American series
BC>@MSGID:
BC>@REPLY:
BC>From Newsgroup: rec.arts.drwho.moderated
BC>From Address: stopstaring@boobs.com
BC>Subject: Re: New American series

BC>I don't know what you mean here. Some American versions of British TV shows
BC>have been flip flops, but others ones really took off.

BC>I actually think it makes more sense to try launching an American version of
BC>Doctor Who while it's still popular and running in Britain. Not only will
BC>help the ratings, but if it doesn't succeed we still have the original
BC>British version to watch, and if it does we have twice as much Doctor Who!
BC>It's win/win!

BC>In article , "Bok C"
BC> wrote:
BC>>
BC>> So apparently somebody is planning to start a new Doctor Who series
BC>> production in the states, running parallel to the one in Britain. Do you
BC>> think this could work???

BC>Not a hope in hades of it working (just look at all the other British shows
BC>they've tried to Americanise - Americans simply don't understand British
BC>shows), but thankfully it won't even be trying to since it's fake news.

I really liked watching The Avengers on TV here in the U.S.A.
That's the only British TV Show other than Doctor Who that I can
remember watching.

There may have been others but can't think of any of them right now.

* SLMR 2.1a #T348 * BASIC - BEST All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code.
--- SBBSecho 3.03-Linux
* Origin: CCO BBS - capitolcityonline.net:26 (1:2320/105)