Fidonet Portal

From: Roger Nelson (1:3828/7)
To: All
Date: Sat, 04.08.18 06:48
Seeing and hearing is believing
On Sat Aug-04-2018 19:33, Paul Quinn (3:640/1384) wrote to Roger Nelson:

PQ> On 04 Aug 18 01:24, you wrote to me:

PQ> I retraced my steps this evening...

Thanks. I hope you didn't have a mouth full of anything at the time.

PQ> Ah, yes. That congressman seems a 'special' expert on such
PQ> matters, and particularly brave in his desire to explore extensive
PQ> ramifications. It is a serious problem. You can't have a
PQ> population just moving about on such a small area, especially not
PQ> in mass movements. It's quite amazing that some similar disaster
PQ> didn't develope there in the latter stages of WWII.

Yeah.

PQ> The admiral did an excellent job. Perhaps he has extensive
PQ> experience dealing with civilians in a certain five-sided building?

Had I been in the admiral's place, I would have lost my "cool" and asked the
congressman from the great state of Georgia if he knew what he was talking
about. More questions would have followed, but the admiral was there to answer
questions, not ask any.

PQ> The congressman may be on to something as I note with interest that
PQ> the 'little rocket man' recently wanted to tip the scales with a
PQ> nuke or two, too. Perhaps they share some insider knowledge (i.e.
PQ> we aren't aware of)?

Yes. The thing that surprised me the most was the lack of discussing swimming
lessons.

Regards,

Roger
--- timEd/386 1.10.y2k+ Abigail Spencer
* Origin: NCS BBS - Houma, LoUiSiAna - (1:3828/7)