Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Wed, 03.10.18 12:04
Linux user Conference
Welcome to the Linux-user echo.

An international message base related to all things regarding the usage and
installation of Linux. Intended for helping newcomers as well as those that
are having problems.

Moderator: Janis Kracht, janis@filegate.net

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-3
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: paul lee (1:105/420)
To: All
Date: Fri, 25.12.20 10:10
Re: Linux user Conference
JK> Welcome to the Linux-user echo.
JK>
JK> An international message base related to all things regarding the usage
JK> andinstallation of Linux. Intended for helping newcomers as well as
JK> those thatare having problems.

Right on, I can get behind this area. I'm currently having issues mounting my
NFS shares... I have one of my shares mounting ok, but it doesn't remain
persistent on reboots... but the other 4TB share (I know, I should merge them!Wink
won't even mount at all. I'm learning new things daily tho; I'll post here if I
CAN'T get it ironed out.

Thanks much...

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2020/11/23 (Raspberry Pi/32)
* Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbS>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (1:105/420)

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Sat, 26.12.20 10:19
Re: Linux user Conference
Hi Paul,

>> Welcome to the Linux-user echo.
>>
>> An international message base related to all things regarding the usage
>> andinstallation of Linux. Intended for helping newcomers as well as
>> those thatare having problems.

> Right on, I can get behind this area. I'm currently having issues mounting my
> NFS shares... I have one of my shares mounting ok, but it doesn't remain
>persistent on reboots... but the other 4TB share (I know, I should merge them!
>won't even mount at all. I'm learning new things daily tho; I'll post here if
> CAN'T get it ironed out.

> Thanks much...

Sounds good Paul.. I do hope things work out for you, but if not, we'll be here
to help.

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Jonathan H. Justvig (1:298/25)
To: All
Date: Sun, 27.12.20 10:36
Re: Linux user Conference
Hi Janis,

On 24 Dec 2020, Janis Kracht said the following...

JK> Welcome to the Linux-user echo.

Thank you...

Sincerely,
Jon Justvig

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2020/09/12 (Linux/64)
* Origin: Raiders Inc BBS -- vintagebbsing.com:1337 (1:298/25)

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.01.21 15:57
Re: Linux user Conference
Hi Jon,

> On 24 Dec 2020, Janis Kracht said the following...

>> Welcome to the Linux-user echo.

> Thank you...

Sorry for the late reply - I hope you and your family had a good holiday season
and are enjoying the new year!

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: robert wolfe (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Mon, 11.01.21 17:21
Re: Linux user Conference
On 25 Dec 2020, paul lee said the following...

pl> Right on, I can get behind this area. I'm currently having issues
pl> mounting my NFS shares... I have one of my shares mounting ok, but it
pl> doesn't remain persistent on reboots... but the other 4TB share (I know,
pl> I should merge them!Wink

Perhaps you can share your NFS log files and what your configuration may be
for the problematic mountpoints?

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/01/05 (Linux/64)
* Origin: Omicron Theta * Horn Lake MS * linux.winserver.org (1:116/18)

From: robert wolfe (1:116/18)
To: All
Date: Mon, 11.01.21 17:21
Re: Linux user Conference
On 24 Dec 2020, Janis Kracht said the following...

JK> Welcome to the Linux-user echo.
JK>
JK> An international message base related to all things regarding the usage
JK> and installation of Linux. Intended for helping newcomers as well as
JK> those that are having problems.
JK>
JK> Moderator: Janis Kracht, janis@filegate.net
JK>
JK> --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
JK> * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

As one other user said, an echo I can totally get behind Smile

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Mon, 11.01.21 21:10
Re: Linux user Conference
> On 24 Dec 2020, Janis Kracht said the following...

>> Welcome to the Linux-user echo.
>>
>> An international message base related to all things regarding the usage
>> and installation of Linux. Intended for helping newcomers as well as
>> those that are having problems.
>>
>> Moderator: Janis Kracht, janis@filegate.net
>>
>> --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
>> * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

> As one other user said, an echo I can totally get behind Smile

Thanks Robert Smile

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: paul lee (1:105/420)
To: All
Date: Tue, 12.01.21 00:17
Re: Linux user Conference
RW> Perhaps you can share your NFS log files and what your configuration
RW> may befor the problematic mountpoints?

Where do NFS log files live?

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/01/05 (Raspberry Pi/32)
* Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbS>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (1:105/420)