Fidonet Portal

From: steverad55@gmail.com (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 30.01.20 22:28
Re: "Leave that Welsh tart alone"
From: steverad55@gmail.com

On Sunday, May 27, 2001 at 3:46:35 PM UTC+1, Julian the Apostate wrote:
> This line, from "Life of Brian", has always puzzled me. What is the
> significance/meaning of it?

The actress who played the character used her own (Welsh) accent - presumab=
ly a directoral decision to enhance the comedy value. Anyone from the Brit=
ish Isles would recognise the accent immediately but presumably the Yanks c=
an't tell it from Geordie, or Brummie, or even Scouse, given how famously i=
gnorant and disinterested they are concerning anything outside their own bo=
rders (and there;s no oil in Wales)..
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: R. Daneel Olivaw (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 31.01.20 06:08
Re: "Leave that Welsh tart alone"
From: R. Daneel Olivaw

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:28:45 -0800 (PST), steverad55@gmail.com wrote:

>The actress who played the character used her own (Welsh) accent -

You do realize you're replying to a post from 2001?

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2