Fidonet Portal

From: Forest Moore (1:275/93)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 28.03.18 21:08
Improvised?
Hi all,
As it happens, I am a huge Monty Python fan, but I've got no idea what went on
behind the scenes, like how much of the material was improvised and how much of
it was scripted. I suppose there's tons of interviews and public appearances
that discuss just that, but I'm feeling too lazy to look them up right now. Smile
--- SBBSecho 3.03-Win32
* Origin: Telnet://valhalla.synchro.net - Richmond, Virginia (1:275/93)

From: Brian Wallace (1:393/68)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 19.03.19 22:00
Re: Improvised?
On 28 Mar 2018, Forest Moore said the following...

FM> As it happens, I am a huge Monty Python fan, but I've got no idea what
FM> went on behind the scenes, like how much of the material was improvised
FM> and how much of it was scripted. I suppose there's tons of interviews
FM> and public appearances that discuss just that, but I'm feeling too lazy
FM> to look them up right now. Smile --- SBBSecho 3.03-Win32

Most was very scripted, espcially the John Cleese stuff. He'll beat the page
to death! Eric Idle had real trouble working with him, unlike Palin. So
things like The Cheese Shop were very scripted down to addlibs (even they can
be scripted).
Eric Idle on the other hand likes to get the basic outline down, not specifics
first. John Cleese writes it all down and goes line by line generally, Eric
wants to get the just down and then fill in (Spam, sausage and spam, or is
that Bacon, spam and sausage?Wink.
Episode 12B How to recognise different types of trees from a long way away.
The larch....the larch. ;)

* Origin: FIDONet - The Positronium Repository (1:393/68)